18. Breathless

Here's an early update! Enjoy it! Thanks for reading/commenting/voting.

---------------------

A week later.

“Yes, what will I need to do to learn more about who my mother is?”

“---”

“Okay, thank you. I’ll be there this Saturday.”

***

“Hey Elena! How was your day today?”

“Hey Seth, it’s been good. Yours?”

“Good, you know kids ask the most random questions at times, but they do make you laugh.”

“Oh, yes do”

“I do want to ask you for a favor. This weekend I have an appointment, so I want to know if you can take Danny for the day and possibly for the night.”

“Sure, you know that I can. You’ve helped us a lot with Caleb too. Let’s just plan for the night too, they’ll both love to have a sleepover.”

“Yes, they would. Thank you.”

“Are you going to hang out with Nate?” Elena winks.

“Not you too! No, I’m going out of town to the orphanage I was dropped off.”

“Oh, so you decided to take the step. Who’s going with you?”

“Right now, no one. I just made the appointment today. I’m going to ask Nate and see if he can come although I don’t know if he can, since there’s a game Saturday.”

“You know he’ll go with you. In case you haven’t noticed, he’ll be there for you, so he’ll make arrangements to be able to go with you.”

“Yes, I know.”

“I hope everything goes as well as things can go and we’ll take care of Danny.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Now, let’s take the boys to dinner, Brian is meeting us at home.” Elena adds after seeing Danny and Caleb walking towards them.

“Hi, daddy.” Danny says running the rest of the way and giving him a hug.

“Hi, Danny, you’re full of energy today. How was school today?”

“It was great although Caleb fell during recess, but it was funny.”

“Yeah, he laughs instead of quickly helping me up.” Caleb responds pretending to be angry.

“Are you alright Caleb?” Elena asks worry seeping into her voice.

“Yes, mom.”

“Caleb, I already said sorry and I did help you.”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Okay, okay kids, we’re going to the Greene’s house for dinner today.” Seth intervenes before they continue with their banter.

“Is Nate coming too, dad?”

“Hmm, I didn’t invite him.”

“Can you call him right now?”

“He’s probably busy and already has other plans.”

“He doesn’t. I just asked where he is going to dinner. He said, home.”

“Danny, don’t ask him those kinds of questions!”

“Why dad?” Danny smirks.

Ugh, he’s spent too much time with Karla and Robert. “Ugh, let’s just go.” Seth responds.