33. Explosive

Here are the results! And thank you so much for reading, commenting, and voting! Enjoy :)!

----------------------

Seth receives a call from Doctor Gomez telling him that the results are in and that they can come in for them this morning.

“The results are in, Karla.”

“Call Nate. Do you want to ride together or do you want them to meet us at the hospital?”

“I’m too nervous might be better if they meet us over there. It will give me a chance hopefully to get my nerves under control.”

“Okay, well call Nate. I’ll go get Danny ready while you get yourself ready.”

“Yes and thanks.”

“Seth, do you want to drop Danny off at Elena’s?”

“Yes, I’ll call them and ask them if it’s all right.”

“Did you tell them about the situation?”

“Yes.”

“Okay.”

When they arrive at the hospital they find Nate and Scarlett already there. They wait until Doctor Gomez calls them in. When he is ready Seth takes Nate’s hand and the four of them follow the nurse to the doctor’s office. They all take a seat.

“Good morning everyone. I imagine you all just want to know the results. Seth do you want to open the envelope?”

“No, can you open it and just read it aloud?”

“Yes.”

Seth’s heart beat is beating rapidly and he’s squeezing Nate’s hand with a little more force than necessary. Scarlett is twisting her hands in anticipation. Karla is holding her breath. Nate is trying to remain calm for both Seth and Scarlett. It seems like Doctor Gomez is opening the envelope in slow motion and taking the paper out of it in an even slower motion.

“The DNA test between Danny Mendoza and Scarlett Wallace shows that Scarlett Wallace is 99.9% Danny Mendoza’s biological mother.”

Did I hear him right? Scarlett questions.

Karla lets out the breath she didn’t know she was holding. It’s true.

So it is true. Seth thinks as he lets go of Nate’s hand.

Nate turns to look at Seth. What is he thinking? Why did he let go of my hand? Is he regretting having them take the DNA test?

“It’s positive?” Seth asks.

“Yes, it is, Seth. I’ll give you all a few minutes to process the information. I’ll come back in a few minutes in case you have some questions.” Doctor Gomez says as he stands up.

They sit in silence for a few minutes before Karla breaks it.

“Seth are you alright?” She notices that he’s no longer holding Nate’s hand.

“Yes.” Seth whispers.

“Okay, when are you going to want to tell Danny?”

Seth shakes his head.

“I don’t know yet, but you should be there with me when I do, so it has to be some time this week.”

“Yes, okay. I’ll be there with you.” She responds giving him a hug.

“Thanks.”

Turning to look at Scarlett, he says, “after I tell him I’ll let you know how it goes, and then when you can meet as biological mother and son.”

Colorful TwistsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara