21. Induction

Early upload because I couldn't wait and because I'm procrastinating :), so yeah. Enjoy! Let me know what you think and I hope there are no major errors! Thanks all for reading/voting/commenting. Now happy reading :)!

------------------------

The Saturday to meet Seth’s biological mother arrives too soon. Nate can see Seth is nervous about it. He has wanted to call Elizabeth either to make sure she is still up to the meeting or to cancel the meeting, but he has backed down every time he dialed the number. They drop Danny off. They told him they are finishing planning his birthday party, so Danny doesn’t insist on coming. He also understands that his dad and Nate need alone time. Throughout the ride, they talk about Danny’s birthday plan, but Nate can see that Seth is too nervous because of his short answers.

“We’re here. Are you ready? We have twenty minutes until noon?” Nate announces.

“Do you think she’s in there already?”

“It’s a possibility.” Nate responds as he reaches to grab Seth’s face to turn him to look at him. “You have to go in there believing things turn out the way you want them to turn out. Remember, it’s you that’s leading the meet. She is your biological mother, but she hasn’t been in your life.”

Yes, that’s true. I want to meet her. I set the parameters of the meeting.

Nate finishes by brushing Seth’s lips with his.

Kiss me.

After a second, he kisses Seth passionately leaving Seth breathless. While Seth tries to level his heartbeat, Nate gets out and opens the passenger’s door taking Seth by the hand.

“It’s time to go inside.” Nate says.

Looking around once inside, they see a table by the corner facing the window to where they head. They take a seat facing the entrance. Seth doesn’t know what to do with his hands. He ends up placing them on his lap. Every time the door opens, he glances over to see who’s coming in. Underneath the table Nate holds Seth’s hand.

“She’s here.” Seth whispers when he notices a woman wearing a red scarf around her neck come in.

Nate squeezes his hand before removing his hand from Seth’s. She is slender with red-brown hair, brown eyes, and her skin color is a shade lighter than Seth’s, but the resemblance between the two is evident. She starts walking toward them once she notices Seth is the only one wearing a blue dress shirt. When she gets to their table Seth stands up, he doesn’t know what greeting she is expecting. He decides to go with the formal greeting.

Extending his hand, he says, “good morning, Ms. Torres, I’m Seth.”

“Good morning, Seth. Please call me Elizabeth.”

“Yes, please take a seat. He is my friend Nate.”

They had talked about it--that Seth would introduce Nate as his friend, and let her know their true relationship until he felt comfortable with her to do so.

“Hello Nate.”

“Hello, would you like something to drink and something to eat?”

“I’ll just take a coffee, a latte please.”

“And for you Seth, the usual?”

“Yes.”

Nate gets up to place the order.

Preventing an awkward silence to settle, Seth says, “thank you for coming, how was the trip?”

“It was good. Tell me about yourself or you can ask me questions. I’m sure you have them. You’re twenty-five, right?”