6. Reaction

Thanks for reading, voting, or commenting. And thanks to all the new fans.

---------------

Seth sits watching Karla help Danny with his homework.  He is supposed to finish grading essays, but his thoughts drift to Danny’s reaction to Karla moving.

*Flashback

"It's far. It's in California."

Danny’s smile vanishes. It is replaced by a frown.

"But we can visit Aunt Karla during the holidays or she can come visit us." Seth adds.

"When are you moving?" Danny asks in a broken voice.

"In a month."

"That's really soon." Danny chokes.

"I know...I can call you almost every day before you go to sleep. Come here Danny." Karla says while gesturing to him.

Danny gets up and walks around the coffee table and Karla engulfs him in a hug sitting him in her lap.

"I'll miss you Aunt Karla."

"I'll miss you too Danny. Anytime you want to talk to me you can call me."

Moving closer to them Seth engulfs them in a hug, "it'll be alright Danny. We can visit for Christmas." Seth adds.

"Okay," Danny responds with half a smile.

"Now we have to make the most of our time together before Aunt Karla leaves. We have a little less than a month." Seth states with a smile. Leaning conspiratorially toward Danny, Seth whispers, "it's time for you to use the big guns toward Aunt Karla."

Danny chuckles because the big guns are the puppy eyes and Aunt Karla can never resist. And with that Danny somewhat forgot his sadness.

***

Danny is upset, but he doesn’t want her feeling guilty. He spends as much time as possible with her, so every time she gets home from work he is ready to greet her. It brings a smile to Seth sitting there watching them while he drifts more in his thoughts.

Danny is very considerate for his age; like always he tries not to upset anyone around him and if anyone is he tries to make them smile.

He is thankful for that day at the supermarket that he forgot the tomato sauce. He wonders if and when he would have to tell Daniel how...

Getting interrupted from his thoughts, he turns his attention to Danny who is asking him a question.

"Sorry Danny what did you ask me?"

"Can Caleb come with us this Saturday to the park?"