32. Anticipation

The next update is ready! :) Enjoy! Thanks for the comments/votes/reads. I think this is the longest update!

---------------

After hearing Seth’s words that he had scheduled the DNA test Monday, Scarlett doesn’t say anything else. None of them do. Scarlett can’t believe everything she has heard even though many of the details match. After a bit Nate goes over to Scarlett and gives her hug telling her that everything will work itself out. Then, he goes to Seth.

He whispers to Seth, “thanks love. I’m proud of you.”

“Thanks. Is she going to be all right?”

“She is. She is just processing everything right now.”

“Do you both want to spend the night? It’s already really late. She can stay in Karla’s bedroom.”

“Yes, we’ll stay. Scarlett, are you alright with staying the night here? You can stay in Karla’s room.”

“Yes. It’s fine.”

“Scarlett, I’ll show you to your room.” Seth says getting up.

Scarlett follows him to the room. Seth walks to the closet to get Scarlett some pajamas.

“Scarlett, here are some pajamas. They belong to Karla, but she won’t mind you wearing them. Goodnight, see you in the morning.”

“Seth.”

“Yes?”

“Thank you...thank you for being so open minded with the possibility that I might be his mother. If I were in your place I don’t know if I could do what you’re doing. I can see you love my brother.”

“You’re welcome and you would probably do the same. You see that?” Seth smiles.

“Yes and I know he loves you too.”

Seth smiles and bids her goodnight again. He goes to his bedroom and finds Nate sitting on his bed. He begins to get ready for bed as Nate finishes taking his clothes off. Once done, Seth gets in bed and sits with his back to the headboard next to Nate.

“How do you think she is taking all of this new information?” He asks starting the conversation.

“I think she’s still processing it, but doesn’t want to place too much hope in it. I’m proud of you. I have to admit everything went smoother than I thought.”

“Were you nervous that it wouldn’t then?”

“Yes, I didn’t know, but knew how my sister might react.”

“Yes, understandable and how are you doing? I know we’ve had longer to process the information, but at the same time it feels like we didn’t.”

“I’m fine, just worried about her and you. How are you doing?”

“I’m well. I haven’t admitted it to you, but I do have the fear that Danny’s mother will try to take him away from me.”

Nate embraces Seth and says, “she wouldn’t do that and besides it would be hard for her to obtain custody because of how she gave him up even if she were to want to do that. I don’t like saying it, but I doubt anyone would give her custody maybe visiting rights, but not custody.”

“You’re probably right and she just seems to be happy with her being able to be in his life.”

“Yes, she is aware of the crime she committed that’s why she knows and just wants to be part of her child’s life.”