34. Fireworks

Thanks for reading and staying with this story, especially those who started when I first uploaded. I realized I started this story more than a year ago and it should be done before the summer ends. Thanks for the comments/reads/votes and my new readers and fans :). Now enjoy!

---------------------

“Yes, today.” Danny responds.

“Okay, son. I’ll call her.”

“Do you want her to come here or do you want to meet somewhere else?”

“Can we go for ice cream?”

“Danny, you always want ice cream.” Seth says in a soft tone. “Well see because you’ve been eating too many sweets lately. My son has too much of a sweet tooth.”

“Danny, do you want to spend some time with her alone?” Karla asks.

“You can, it doesn’t make us feel bad if you do want to get to know her better.” Seth adds.

Danny turns to look at both at them before answering yes. He also gives them a hug.

Scarlett is at the door, she takes a breath before ringing the doorbell. Seth told her not to be nervous that Danny wants to meet her as his biological mother and that he wants to spend some alone time with her.

“Dad, no, I want to answer the door.” Danny says getting up.

“Okay, Danny, but don’t walk out without shoes.”

“Yes, dad.”

She hears the “yes, dad” and tries to smile. She tells herself that there shouldn’t be any difference between her and Danny. They have enjoyed their time together.

“Hi, Scarlett!” Danny greets her.

“Hi, Danny.”

“Come inside. I have to put my shoes on.”

She walks into the living room to wait for him while Danny goes to his room for his shoes. Seth and Karla greet her.

“So where are you taking him, Scarlett?” Seth asks.

“What are his favorite places? I know he loves going to the park.”

“Hmm, you can take him to the movies and dinner and of course ice cream. He loves it.” Karla suggests.

“Yes, that would be a good idea.” Seth adds.

“Okay, I’ll do that.”

“I’m ready Scarlett.” Danny announces as he comes into the living room.

“Danny, do you want to go to the movies, then dinner, and of course ice cream for dessert?”

“Yes!”

“Let’s go then.”

“See you later dad and aunt Karla.”

“Take care.” Seth says.

“Have fun.” Karla adds.

Danny holds her hand as they walk to the theater, which surprises Scarlett. They have a few minutes before the movie starts.

“Danny, so you know I’m your biological mother. How do you feel about that?”

“Yes, my dad told me. I think you’re a nice person. My dad said that you’re not taking me away from him and that you care for me.”