15. Sweet Meddling

So I unintentionally made changes in my writing, but I’m going to leave it this way though and I'll eventually rewrite the other chapters to match this one. And because I'm been so unproductive with writing today I'm uploading it til here. You'll see when you read it. I didn't want ya'll to have to wait longer.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting. :)

----------------------------

Even though the doctor had said Karla was lucky with getting the injuries she had, Seth couldn’t help, but keep conjuring images of Karla almost dead while he walks to her hospital room. He opens the door letting out a breath he didn’t know he had been holding when he sees Karla sleeping. He walks to the hospital bed. He takes a seat and sees that she has some minor cuts, and knowing Karla she will talk about them as a trophy if they end up being permanent. It makes him smile. She is lucky and it is now that he realizes the time. Danny will have been asking where his dad is, since the party had been over for about two hours. After staying there for a few minutes he steps out and heads back to the waiting area to call Elena to explain the situation. He sees Nate sitting with his eyes close in the corner where he first sat them when they arrived at the hospital. He is thankful for accompanying him and waiting for him. He didn’t know what he would have done if he had to wait by himself for news about Karla.

“Hey, are you asleep?” Seth questions.

“Hi, no, just closing my eyes waiting for you. How is she?”

“She’s asleep. I’m going to call Elena to see how things ended and tell her what’s going on.”

“I’m sure they took care of everything including Danny.”

“Yes, I just want to check in on Danny and I’m wondering what they told him, but then again they don’t really know what’s going on.”

***

“Hey, Elena how is Danny?”

“Hi, Seth, don’t worry about him. We brought him home for a sleepover and we cleaned up afterwards, so no worries. How are things?”

“You didn’t mention anything then? She is doing well. She only has a concussion and a bruised back, so she’ll be staying at the hospital for a few days. Thanks for taking Danny.”

“No, we didn’t. We just said you had to go visit a friend. We didn’t want him getting worried, especially when we didn’t know any information. Don’t mention it and take your time. You can pick him up tomorrow or whenever you can.”

“Thanks. I’ll give you a call tomorrow. I’ll probably go get him and explain what happened and bring him to see Karla.”

“Okay, talk to you later.”

***

“So what did she say?” Nate asks.

“They didn’t tell Danny anything just that I had to leave to visit a friend. He’s staying with them for a sleepover.”

“You’re going to want to stay here right?”

“Yes. I don’t want to leave her alone.”

“Let’s go get you something to eat then and some coffee too.” Nate says while standing up and stretching his hand for Seth to take.

“Hey, you don’t have to stay with me. You can go home and sleep.”

“I’m not leaving you here alone.”

It warms Seth’s heart to hear that. He takes Nate’s hand and they both head to find the cafeteria. Nate doesn’t let his hand go and Seth can’t help, but wonder why. It just now occurs to Seth that he should call Eric, Sandra, and Robert to let them know what happened to Karla, but then they will all come rushing to the hospital even though they don’t need to. He thinks better of it and decides to leave it for tomorrow morning that way they won’t lose sleep. They find the cafeteria after some wrong turns. Nate keeps his word and doesn’t let Seth stay alone. He calls in to work to let them know that he can’t make it because of a family emergency.