5. Introducing

Thank you all for reading and commenting/voting. I appreciate it. Thanks also to all the new fans and readers.

----------------

“Here, please carry the soccer ball and badminton rackets Danny.”

Seth then takes out the basket and cooler intending to carry both, but Karla takes the basket from him. They begin walking to the picnic table beside the soccer field.

"Danny, do you want to eat now or do you want to play for a little bit and then eat?"

"I want to play dad."

"Okay. We'll leave the things at the picnic table. It's early, so there aren't many people here, yet. What will be the first sport today?"

"Soccer!"

"Ready Karla to sweat?" Seth asks her.

"Aren't I'm always ready?" Karla responds with a glint in her eyes. She had played soccer throughout college while Seth had stuck to badminton type games, so needless to say that she is better than him.

It is Seth and Danny against Karla. She fairs pretty good. After about an hour of playing the score is 5 to 8 Karla winning. Seth decides to call it quits and heads to the picnic table to take out the food and place it in plates. Once done, he calls them to eat knowing that Danny is hungry, but too into playing to notice.

As they eat Danny starts talking about school and Caleb. It seems they are rapidly becoming best friends.

"Daddy, do you think I can invite Caleb to play?"

"Yes, but it would have to be during the weekend."

"Next, Saturday?"

"Yes."

"It seems you are becoming best friends with Caleb, Danny." Karla states.

"He is nice. He doesn't talk a lot, but he likes soccer. He's not very good though. He kicked a ball and it almost hit the teacher." They all chuckle.

"Maybe you can teach him." Karla suggests.

"Yes, I will!" He responds with a smile.

"Maybe, I need to get you on a soccer team Danny. Would you like that?"

"Yes! I love soccer."

"I think they start in February." Karla comments.

“I’ll look into it.” It will be good distraction too for when Karla is gone.

****

Unknown

Every Saturday, he goes for a run early at the crack of dawn, but not today. Instead of almost going home he is just starting his run. Somehow he had overslept. Going around the corner, he hears the most musical laughter, and even from this distance he can see his bright blue eyes, his sun kissed skin, muscular lean body, and red-brown hair. He is walking toward the picnic table.