8. Settling

Thank you all for your patience and for reading/voting/commenting. I really do appreciate the support you have all given to this story. Enjoy! : )

---------------------

Seth thinks nothing of the guy, who had bumped into him at the airport. He doesn’t even really glance at him. Trying to decrease Danny’s sadness he heads to their favorite ice cream place, Braums. After all what better remedy than ice cream.

“Hey, Danny what do you think about going for ice cream?”

“Yes.” Danny answers already sounding happier.

Yup, ice cream always works with him. Seth smiles to himself.

“Would you like to invite any of your friends?”

“Can we invite Caleb?”

“Yes, Danny. How about you call him and ask him if he’s allow to come with us? We’ll pick him up.”

“Yes.”

After picking Caleb up they head to Braums to unfortunately find a long line.

Who would have thought there would be a line in this cold weather? Either a lot of people need a ‘pick me up’ or just love ice cream. Seth thinks while standing behind Danny and Caleb in line catching snippets of their conversation.

“How are you?” Caleb asks.

“Fine.” Danny replies.

“I mean, how are you really with your aunt moving?”

“Sad, but she’ll visit or we’ll visit. I can call her anytime.”

“Okay and Christmas is getting closer.”

At Caleb’s excited statement, Daniel frowns, “yeah, it is.”

“What do you do for Christmas?”

“I guess, we’ll do what we always do just without Aunt Karla.”

“What is it?”

“We wake up early and go out for donuts for breakfast. Then, we come home to cook Christmas dinner. My dad’s friends come over and they bring food with them.  We have dinner together. All day Christmas music is playing. After dinner we open our presents. It’s really fun. We play that game where everyone brings a present, but no one knows what it is, and we take turns choosing one.  If we don’t like it we can take someone else’s. I don’t remember what’s it called.” Grabbing Seth’s arm he asks him, “dad, what is the name of that game we play during Christmas with the presents?”

“White Elephant.”

“What do you do for Christmas?”