19. Elated

Here's the next part. I didn't want you all to have to wait too long, but ya'll will have to wait after this part :) enjoy! And thanks for reading/commenting/voting!

-----------------------

When Seth is about to hang up, there’s a faint hello. He’s nervous and it takes him a few seconds to actually respond.

“Hello.”

“Yes?”

“Hmm, could I please speak to Elizabeth Torres?”

“Yes, she is speaking.”

“Hello, my name is Seth and...I’m your son.”

Seconds, which seem like minutes, go by during which Seth hears a gasp, “Seth…”

“Yes, I would like to meet you if that’s alright with you.”

“Yes, of course.” She chokes out her reply. “I would love to meet you. Where do you live?”

“Almost an hour away from Brownsville.”

“You’re not far from where I live. I live in South Padre Island. When would you like to meet? Where would like to meet? I can make the trip to either to where you live or to Brownville. Sorry for bombarding you with the many questions.”

She lives here. I could meet her today if she is free. Seth thinks, but the suddenness of the situation makes him not say it. Instead he says, “I can meet up with you any weekend.”

“How about on the last Saturday of this month? It should give us some time to prepare for our meeting.”

It takes him a few seconds longer to respond, he didn’t think it was going to be so easy to determine a date, “yes.”

“Okay, so where do you want to meet?”

“Brownville,” it’s a neutral location.

“Okay, how about we plan on meeting around noon. Do you know the place well to determine a location?”

“Yes, we can meet at Brownsville Coffee Shop.”

“Yes, I know where that is.”

“Okay…” He doesn’t know what else to say or how to end the conversation.

“Okay, see you then, Seth. Take care.”

“Thanks, you too, Elizabeth.”

Giving him a hug, Nate states, “so we’ll be meeting her in a couple of weekends then?”

“Yes...wait we are?”

“Of course, I am not letting you go alone unless you don’t want me to be there?”

Seth responds to his hug by leaning into Nate’s chest.

“No, I do.” Seth responds turning his head to the side giving Nate a kiss.  

Smiling Nate reassures Seth, “I will be there for you every time you need me.”

An ending and a start to a new beginning. I wonder how she’ll react to seeing me there with Nate. Is she homophobic? I didn’t even ask her if she is with my father. If she is, is she going to bring him along?

All of the thoughts he is having are making him reconsider if he really is ready if he ever will be to meet his biological mother and obtain all the answers to his questions. Trying not to dwell on his thoughts, and enjoy the peacefulness, he turns his attention to watch the setting sun. Nate keeps watch seeing Seth nibbling his lower lip, a tell that he is being bombarded by his many thoughts even more now that it’s set he’ll be meeting his biological mother next weekend.