Prologue

Hey! I just love the idea of Interracial couples, madly in love couples in general really. I think love is such an amazingly beautiful thing and we all deserve it as well as having sense of belonging and a place to call home. I love Keyton + Octavia's love story so much that I decided to write another one with a bit of a twist. Anyways, I hope that you guys enjoy this one just as much as 'I Won't Mind'. Thanks for your comments and support for that story. I can't say how thankful I am for you guys' comments again. Now on to the story. Deuces!

P.s. Don't forget to drop a vote/comment if you like what you have read!

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

"Hi, i'm Anastasia, but you can call me Ana. What's your name?", 8 years-old Anastasia said to 10 years-old Stephen. They were neighbors and he had just moved next door to her. He wasn't from her neighborhood or her country for that matter, but she did not care. She had seen him sitting outside on the front steps of his house by himself reading a book and thought that they could be friends.

Stephen stared at her for a moment before nodding his head and continuing to read his book.

"That's a really good book", Ana commented sitting down beside him. Stephen grunted and turned the page making her frown.

"You don't talk much do you?", she asked leaning over to see where he was in the story.

He groaned slamming the book close startling her, she jumped. "What do you want?", Stephen asked with an attitude.

Ana smiled warily, "To be your friend. You looked lonely so I came to say 'hi'", she responded.

Again he stared at her for a moment. "Is there something on my face?", she asked looking confused.

He just stared before opening his book back up and began reading again.

Ana having had enough of being ignored by the boy snatched the book from his hand and held it out of his reach.

"Hey, give it back", he snapped reached for it but she shook her head.

"No", she said firmly.

"Give it back", he yelled and again she shook her head.

"No", she responded again then he shoved her making her fall backwards off the second step from the bottom where she was standing onto the ground.

The book fell from her hand and she shrieked reaching out for something to catch herself on, coming up with nothing she fell landing on the concrete, rolling feet over head scrapping her hands and knees. Her lips trembled as she bites her lip to keep herself from crying. It did not work. She burst out in tears, laying right there on the ground where she landed. Stephen had just sat there staring at her wide-eyed in a stupor until she began crying and he rushed down the steps to her side. He hadn't meant to hurt her, but she had made him angry and would not give him back his book.

"Hey, hey, don't cry mate. 'M sorry. I-I didn't mean it. Shh", Stephen cooed to the girl kneeling beside her rubbing her back like his mum does for him when he cries.