4: Missing You

I have loved this song since I was kid. I thought it would go well with this chapter and really describes Anastasia's feelings for Stephen. Anyways, I hope that you enjoy this chapter. Drop a vote/ comment to let me know your thoughts on the chapter! Deuces!
●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

Anastasia

I have not talked to Fin in nearly two weeks. I miss hearing the sound of his voice. I miss seeing his face. I miss having his arms around me. I miss him so much, but he does not care. He does not want me anymore. No, he wants that bitch from the club now.

He does not answer my calls or texts. Hell, I have even e-mailed him and wrote to him. I never get a response. It hurts. I love him so much and I am not even worth a damn text to him anymore. I felt like crying but my pride will not let me. I refuse to cry even though my heart is constantly in tears mourning for Stephen. I feel like he has finally gotten tired of me.

That is not a nice feeling. He has already left once and I do not ever want to lose him again. Even if he only stays in my life as a friend, I refuse to let him go. It will hurt so much if he only wants to remain friends, but someday I will get over it. It will not be tomorrow, or the week, month, or even years after, but someday. That is just how much that man means to me.

"Are you okay, Anastasia? You have been spacing out all lunch", Max said bringing me out of my thoughts. He sat across from me decked out in all black attire smoking a cigar.

"What's on your mind, sweetheart?", he asked

"What's on your mind, sweetheart?", he asked. I shook my head, "Nothing. Your contract looks good. Everything appears to be in order and I have notes on every loophole so I can counter them if the time shall ever arise that we come to a disagreement about the bindings of the contract", I responded changing the subject.

He shook his head, "Just go see him", he said making me pause for a few seconds before continuing to organize the papers in my briefcase. "Stop being so stubborn and go talk to my boy. Tell him what's up with you", he said picking up his drink and swishing it around his glass before taking a few sips from it. "Max, let's keep this professional because my personal life has nothing to do with our business with one another", I responded pointedly. However, Max has never been one to be easily intimidated or back down. He rolled his shoulders sitting his cigar down in the ashtray and leaned forward across the table. "Go talk to Stephen. Stop whatever this shit is that is going on. I have witnessed firsthand the love you guys have for each other. Why are you making things more difficult than they have to be?", he said completely ignoring what I had just said.