03

Maya's POV

I was in my small office connected to the far side of the auto shop, filing a couple of papers when I heard a loud echoing bang come from the garage. A growling groan and a words of profanity followed shortly after, causing me to drop what I held immediately on the table.

I pulled out of the small room and went to see what the commotion was about. Behind the Cherokee Jeep that was parked in front of me, I saw my brother hunched over looking at my guess, his now injured foot.

"What the hell is going on here Daniel?"

"Huh?" he looked up very confused. It was obvious he was drunk.

I lazily ran my hand over my face in annoyance. Whenever Daniel got drunk, it was never a pretty picture. He got aggressive and really loud. And for a man who gets pissed really easily and then to be drunk on top of it, the combination was a present sent straight from Hell which I would have to deal with.

Daniel was a grown man and not to mention my older thirty year old brother, and you'd expect him to take care of himself. But no. No one was safe around him when he wasn't in his senses except me. He would never dare to raise his hand at me no matter how much he was out of it.

"You can't just come into my fucking shop and kick shit around because you need to get rid of the frustration you have built inside of you!" my eyes landed on an empty paint can a few feet away from me that was rolling back and forth. "Go home Dan. Now."

"No." Daniel stood up and tried to stable himself. "I need to tell you something."

I let out a groan as I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I knew it was impossible to argue with his drunk ass at the moment.

I grabbed two stools from the nearby table and placed one in front of Daniel while I sat on the other across from him.

Daniel held onto the stool for a moment before he settled on top of it. "Do you know what happened today? Have you heard anything?"

"No." I said in boredom as I played with the ends of my hair clearly not interested with what he had to say.

"After eight fucking years, I lost a race Maya."

My fingers stopped with their play and my eyes slowly returned back to Daniel. I repeated what he said a few more times in my head, but it didn't help me grasp the information any better. "W-what do you mean?"

"Some kid," Daniel mockingly laughed. "Had the nerve to challenge me. He seemed nice and shit and I thought, 'Hey, why not?' But I didn't fucking know he'd ruin my winning streak!" his clenched fist made contact with the Chevy beside him.

"Daniel! The car!"

"Sorry." he pulled his arm away and I was thankful he didn't leave a mark. "I just don't get it, you know? And he has a British accent like what the fuck is he doing in Vegas?!"

"What Daniel? British people can't step foot in America? I swear to God you're so stupid." I shook my head growing more irritated.

"I don't know what the hell he thinks of himself. He thinks he's all cool and shit with his Mustang and tattoos. That bastard. I'm not gonna leave him."

My mind only caught the words Mustang and tattoos. My eyes widened and travelled onto the far left side of the garage, where Zayn's car was parked.

"Did you say he's British?"

"Yeah, why? You plan on fucking him?" Daniel scoffed.

My patience was running thin but I kept my composure. "No. Just making sure."

"Anyway, he thinks it's over but I'm not letting him go so easily."

"Daniel, you're being so childish. You were the one always going on about how you were waiting for your competition to arrive. Well he has. Quit whining, it's annoying."

"But he ruined my winning streak!" he yelled.

"And you need to get the fuck over it!" I replied back in the same tone.

"I'm gonna kill him." he grumbled.

"You're not killing anyone Daniel. God, just go race with him again. Why are you making such a big deal out of this? Besides, everyone knows you've been winning races for years now. This new guy only has won once. Maybe he was just lucky."

"No. And the people were quick to forget Maya. After the race today, everyone was busy staring at him! No one gave one shit about me!"

"So you're telling me you care more about the attention?" I folded my arms.

"No- yes- ugh it's the whole thing Maya! You wouldn't understand."

"No I wouldn't because I actually have a job and don't care about popularity contests. I have priorities unlike your drunk ass Daniel!"

"Don't you dare." Daniel pointed his finger at me.

"What? I'm stating facts here."

"You know how much I love racing!" I couldn't believe my older brother was actually whining. Oh for fuck's sake.

I got up from the stool and made my way over to Daniel. I crouched down in front of him and looked up at his glum face. I knew how much he loved to raced and win. I also knew how much his astonishing winning streak meant to him. I guess I kind of did understand the pain he was feeling. I patted his thigh and said, "Daniel, listen. I know it must suck to lose especially when you're always used to winning. But just because you've lost your first race after such a long time, doesn't make you any less of a racer that you are. I know that you're really good. Maybe this will be your only loss, who knows? But even if it is, this shouldn't cause you to go on some rampage. I promise you, tomorrow race someone else and I'm sure you'll win. Everyone will be back to cheering for my brother." I gave him a warm smile hoping he grasped something from my speech.

"But I need to race him again to make sure he was just lucky earlier." he grinned absolutely ignoring what I said.

I sighed and stood up officially giving up. "Fine, I don't care. Do whatever the hell you want but don't dare coming back in here having another sob session."

"But for now I have a plan on how to get back at him." the ends of his mouth stretched into a malicious smirk.

"A plan? For what? God, do I even wanna know? You're taking this thing way too fucking far." I pulled a face.

"You will wanna know since you're part of it."

"No. Daniel, I'm not going to be part of it! Don't include me in your childish games. You know what? I'm going home so can you close the garage up for me? Thanks." I prepared to walk away but I was stopped.

"Maya." Daniel's hand grabbed my arm. "Please? You don't even have to do much. Who knows?" he shrugged. "You might even have fun with it."

I glared into Daniel's eyes contemplating whether I should help him out or not. "Does it involve murder?"

"No." he chuckled.

"If it'll make you quit whining, then I'm in." I sighed.

Ohhh what's the plan? O-o (comment below your theories)

wow my writing is getting shittier and shittier.. :))))

- n.