21

As I was trying to believe what my eyes were actually witnessing and hoping Sean was okay, the vehicle suddenly burst into flames. I felt my heart momentarily stop as my eyes widened in shock while everyone around me gasped loudly and screamed. Just when I was about to run towards Sean to see if he still had a chance of being saved, Maya rushed to my side grabbing onto me.

"Zayn!" she looked just as terrified as I was. "Stop! What are you doing?!"

"I- I need to see if he's okay!"

"But Zayn-"

Maya was interrupted by another sound of an explosion coming from Sean's now charred car.

I watched in disbelief as bright yellow and orange flames engulfed the vehicle. Imagining what was happening to Sean in the midst of it all made me feel sick to the stomach. I felt Maya's grip on my arm loosen so I took a few steps forward and continued to watch the horrifying scene in front of me, which I knew its image would never leave my mind.

Not being able to ignore the sickening feeling growing in my stomach anymore, suddenly my body jerked forward and I fell onto my knees as I vomited onto the asphalt.

"Zayn, oh my God!" Maya came up to me again and began to rub my back to comfort me.

Fuck I didn't want Maya or anyone to see me like this!

"I'm fine." I panted grabbing onto my aching stomach. "I- I'm fine.

"For fuck's sake, someone get him some water!" Maya yelled at the crowd behind us.

As I waited for someone to obey her command, I looked back up again at the enflamed car and felt my stomach tighten.

"Sean." I whispered still not being able to wrap my head around the fact that my friend just died. I felt heartbroken and angry. He didn't deserve this one bit. Instead it should've me in his place.

"Zayn." I heard Maya call me as she lightly squeezed my shoulder.

I turned to face her and also saw Jun standing there with a bottle of water. "Thanks." I took the bottle as I softly thanked them both.

A few gulps of the refreshing liquid on my bitterly coated tongue, only made a minuscule amount of effort to make me feel better. In fact, to be honest all the water did was cleanse my tongue and get rid of the horrid taste. I was sure there was nothing in the world right now that would make the severe sting in my heart vanish.

As I handed the water bottle over to Maya after finishing it, I got up to my feet. I dusted my knees free from dust and looked down onto the ground where I had puked and felt disgusted with myself.

What the fuck Zayn?!

"Are you feeling okay?" Maya asked looking concerned.

"Kinda." I nodded even though I was feeling absolutely shitty.

She gave me a sympathetic smile and rubbed my shoulder, constantly attempting to comfort me.

I turned around to see majority of the crowd had dispersed and left the scene. Some fucking inconsiderate assholes had their phones out to film videos of Sean's car burning away, as if it was the most exciting and amusing thing to witness as of this moment. But I didn't waste my time and energy to yell after them to stop because, I knew they wouldn't listen to me to miss the opportunity to film such "quality content".

My eyes moved to where Daniel and his guys stood. They seemed to also be watching the car in amusement as they shared a few words between each other as satisfied grins were pasted on their lips. My blood boiled, hands formed into fists, and jaw clenched tightly as Daniel met eyes with me as he arrogantly smirked at me.