22

I was feeling rather glum since I had gotten home. I tried going to bed early since I wasn't feeling too well but falling asleep was a struggle. I had too many things on my mind and my heart felt various kind of emotions. I was still really pissed at Daniel for what he had done and I didn't know when exactly this grudge against him would brush off, but I knew it would be there for a long time. I also felt quite depressed due to the painful reminder of my dad not being around anymore and how he had passed away. I couldn't stop thinking about that night from eight years ago. It was like I had relived that moment again tonight. And for that, I fucking hated Daniel even more and would never forgive him for it. That inconsiderate bastard!

But keeping my own emotions and feelings aside for my own personal reasons, I was also greatly saddened for Sean's death and Zayn. I had never seen him like that and now that I had, it tore me apart. He looked so broken as surely this accident took a great toll on him. I hoped he was doing okay and got home safely.

To pass the time and to help myself fall asleep even though it was barely eleven o'clock, I had taken a warm shower. Once I had finished doing so, I reached for my bath robe which was hanging right outside the shower and wrapped myself in it. I grabbed my towel and headed towards the sink where the mirror was to begin drying my hair. Feeling exhausted after rubbing my hair dry vigorously for a few moments, I sighed and put the towel aside. I fluffed my hair and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I look absolutely drained as if someone had sucked all the life out of me. But I wasn't too shocked by my appearance. This is what happened every time I thought about my dad's passing. I would break and be in my most fragile state ever.

So right on cue, tears began to brim my eyes and shortly after streamed down my cheeks. Quiet sobs left my body and I went to sit on top of the toilet, after pulling down the cover to continue my crying. I am not for one to display my emotions out to the public, especially when it comes to crying and mourning over someone's death. I preferred to do that alone within the walls of my home. My sobbing eventually grew louder and my body began to shake because of it. As I pulled my head back from my hands and took in a deep breath as I wiped my face clean of the tears, I heard the doorbell ring.

I immediately got to my feet and headed back to the sink to wash my face. As I did so, I wondered who it could possibly be at the door, at this hour, on this dreadful night. After I managed to calm myself down and make myself look as if I wasn't just pathetically crying on the toilet, I headed out the washroom holding the robe closer to me.

Once I approached the front door, I looked through the peep hole and saw Zayn standing on the other side of the door with his head hung low.

Oh.

I quickly unlocked the door and pulled open the door. My heart sunk deeper as I saw how blue he looked.

"Hey." he softly greeted as he gave me a small smile.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"Sorry to bother you." he said looking embarrassed as he noticed I was only wearing my bath robe.

"Oh no." I waved it off. "It's fine. Come on in." I pulled the door further.

"Thanks." he stepped inside and headed towards the living room where he settled down on the couch.

I followed behind and took a seat beside him, leaving about a foot of space between us. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit."

"Thought so." I sympathetically smiled at him. "I'm really sorry Zayn."

"No, don't apologize." he shook his head. "If anyone has to apologize, it should be your brother. Maya, I don't ever badmouth about anyone's family but your brother- he's just fucking psychotic!"