09

Zayn's POV

"The TV is coming in tomorrow, right?" Sean asked.

"Yeah, along with a few other things. After that everything will be set." I nodded bringing the beer bottle up to my mouth to take a swig of the alcohol.

"The place looks sick so far. You have a nice taste in décor, Zee." Sean complimented also taking a sip from his bottle.

"Thanks." I chuckled.

It was Saturday night and Sean and I were hanging out the local bar. He had helped me with the move again today and I couldn't have been more grateful for his help. Fortunately, I didn't come to Vegas with much so I mostly bought stuff rather than shifting them from Sean's house.

My place was almost complete, with only a few more appliances to be put in place once they arrived tomorrow morning. Everything was coming together quite nicely. Sean considered it as the "dream bachelor pad". So tonight, we decided to take a break and somewhat celebrate for my new house by getting ourselves a few drinks.

I withdrew the dark caramel colored glass bottle away from my mouth and swing it between my fingers. "Mine is done. I'm gonna get another, you want anything?" I asked standing up from the chair I was seated on.

"Get me whatever you're getting." Sean moved his empty bottle towards the center of the small wooden circular table and leaned back in his chair.

"Okay and this time it's on me." I grinned.

"But-"

I swiftly walked away from the table and headed towards the crowded bar counter so I didn't have to hear Sean refuse my request.

As I neared the packed front, I heard some loud shouting taking place over the music and television that was playing from the ceiling. A crowd was formed specifically around the commotion and with curiosity taking the best of me, I walked towards it. I pushed through the crowd and as I reached the end, I saw Daniel hunched over the counter banging his fists against the wooden plank arguing with the bartender. He looked pissed and not to mention drunk as fuck.

"I said I want another drink! Fucking give it to me or I'll have this place shut down!" Daniel barked.

"Sir, you've already had quite enough. I was just recommending it'd be best if you did not have another." the young man replied and he looked afraid.

"Did I fucking ask what you thought?" Daniel lunged forward and grabbed the bartender by his shirt.

The crowd went wild yelling and gasping. Some people began to chant 'fight' and I rolled my eyes at the sight of immaturity of these drunk shitheads.

I stepped forward and stood beside Daniel. My eyes caught a glance at his burly friends, who were just witnessing the sight in front of them from a few feet away completely unbothered.

What the fuck.

"Hey, what's going on here?" I put my hand on Daniel's arm which made him stop pulling at the bartender and turn his attention towards me.

Daniel's stare got darker and he looked even more pissed now. But I didn't care. He retracted his hand from the poor shaken up guy and turned his body towards me. "Who asked you to butt in? Mind your own fucking business Malik!" he spat.

"I'm trying to get myself a drink but you were about to kill the guy here." I gestured towards the bartender with a nod of my head.

Daniel clenched his jaw and quietly growled as his eyes bore into mine in an angry stare.

Not wanting to start anything unnecessary with the asshole and be the bigger person here, I turned towards the bartender who was pulling at his shirt to straighten it. "Can I get two Bud Light and..." I stole a glance at Daniel, who was still glaring at me. "Get him whatever he wants and put it on my tab please."