24

I slowly woke up from my slumber and opened my eyes squinting, due to the sunlight creeping through the slits of the blinds. I shuffled a bit around in place and pulled the blanket closer to my naked body as I felt slightly cold. The sore feeling between my legs was now faint, but I didn't mind it. But it did remind me how abruptly Zayn had left couple of hours earlier, which made me bite my lip and let out a heavy sigh. Wanting to turn away from the bright rays of the sun creeping into my room, I turned my body around only to receive a big scare.

"What the fuck?!" I screamed pulling the sheet closer to myself.

Only inches away from my nude self, Daniel was sitting on my bedside watching me.

"Good morning to you too." he softly chuckled.

"Get out!"

He got up but instead began to pace around my room, which only drove me to become more furious with him.

What the hell was he doing here?

"How'd you get inside?" I asked glaring at him, still lying down since I didn't need him to see anything of mine exposed.

"The front door was unlocked." he stopped to look at me. "You have to be more careful Maya, what the fuck."

Shit I had fallen asleep right after Zayn left.

"I know." I grumbled to myself.

"Had a fancy night out, huh?" he asked eyeing my red dress on the chair which Zayn had kindly placed before leaving. "With who?" he looked genuinely curious.

"Daniel, why are you here?" I asked ignoring his question. There were more important things to be asked and answered rather than who I chose to hang out with.

"Well, I tried calling you a few times but you didn't pick up hence that's why I'm here. I came to tell you not to go to work today."

"What the hell? Why wouldn't I?"

"Today's the day."

"For?"

"The plan, Maya! Do you keep forgetting?" he waved his hands around to emphasize his point.

I closed my eyes and groaned. To be honest, I was starting to care less and less about Daniel's plan which I may add, barely knew anything about.

"Anyway, meet me at the showroom in an hour. All the guys will be there by then too." with that said, he turned on his heel and walked straight out of my room.

I exhaled out a heavy exasperated sigh. I didn't want to be part of Daniel's stupid plan anymore. He was having me unnecessarily take a day off from work and he was going to trouble Zayn again.

After what had happened two nights ago, I was even more desperate to pull out of this silly commitment. When Daniel had told me the purpose of his plan, it didn't seem so bad at first. In fact, it seemed so harmless. At that time, I didn't even know Zayn that well and I thought my brother wasn't as deranged as he had become now. But there was also the issue about me barely knowing anything about what Daniel had planned in mind.

Fuck Maya, why'd you agree to this thing in the first place?

Once I had heard the main door open and close, signalling that Daniel had left, I got up from bed to start getting ready.

***

I pulled into Daniel's driveway and turned off my car. I slumped into my seat and closed my eyes as I sighed heavily. There was an unsettling feeling in my stomach which was beginning to make me feel sick. I just hoped to God everything would be done quickly and without anyone getting hurt. But my only concern wasn't Zayn getting hurt. It was the fact I was attached to this play of Daniel's and Zayn trusted me. He knew he could count on me and I didn't want him to think I betrayed him and led him on.