10

Maya's POV

"Thank you Jackie."

"No problem Maya." she smiles and walks away to attend another customer.

It was Saturday afternoon and I was enjoying my time off at the diner with Zayn. We had ordered the same caramel milkshakes we had the last time we were here together. I took the straw between the pads of my thumb and index finger, and directed it past my lips. I kept my gaze still on Zayn as I sipped away on the sweet drink as he proceeded to do also.

God he was so handsome and I wasn't going to get used to his outstanding appearance any time soon. In fact, I was sure each time he looked more attractive that the last time I saw him every damn fucking time.

"So tell me Maya." Zayn's voice slices through my cloud of thoughts.

"Hm?" I hum in reply.

"Will you ever not race again?" he looked at me expectantly with his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

I pulled the straw away from my mouth and straightened my posture. His warm golden brown eyes pierce into my darker ones but for a short moment fall to take a glimpse of my body. "Well," I comb my hand through my long locks. "I have no reason to race against someone as of now. But like I mentioned before, I don't prefer to either. But to answer your question properly, no since I haven't sworn to not race ever again."

"Great. Then I'd like to race you." he smirks. "Nothing too serious. Just for fun, you know?"

I look at Zayn in amusement as a chuckle leaves my lips. "You, want to race me?" I raise a brow.

"You heard correct." he nods and takes another sip of his milkshake. "And I think I'll beat you." a mischievous grin tugged at his lips.

"Oh and what makes you say that?"

"I'm guessing you'll be a little rusty since you haven't raced in quite a while." he casually shrugs. "And not be used to the speed."

"Well you guessed wrong Zayn. May I remind you, my dad was quite the racer himself and was known all over Vegas for it. He might have taught Daniel everything he knew, but he didn't neglect his princess either." I gave him a wide smile before returning back to attend my milkshake.

"Guess I'll have to see you in action before I take your word for it." he pushes away the glass and swivels his stool to face me.

"Fine by me." I mimic his actions and smirk at him.

Zayn notices the brush of my bare knees against his denim cloaked ones. He looks up at me again and runs his tongue past his lips which causes me to bite down on my lower.

Fuck he wasn't doing much but he still managed to make me feel some type of way.

"I want to place a bet then." he proposes and reaches forwards to trace circles on my thigh with his fingertip.

The rhythmic movement against my bare skin from his touch sent electrifying shocks through my body. I began to crave for more of his touch across my skin. I felt like melting but I kept my composure remembering I was in public. It was a real fight to have myself stop from lunging towards him and press my lips against his.

"Alright, go ahead."

"Okay then..." he pulled his hand back and looked away in deep thought. "If you win," he set his gaze back on me. "I'll pay for the next ten drinks you get from here. Sound good?"

"I guess." I shrug. "But if you win..."

"Yeah?" he looked at me keenly.

I decided to give my part of the bet a bit of thought. I wanted it to be something good. Something that would surprise him and only have him wanting to win the race even more. I knew I would beat him by a mile but I was going to let him continue to underestimate me. He had no idea what was coming. Finally my mind sparked with an idea. It was the perfect prize. It would fulfil his and my own wishes.