04

Zayn's POV

I was seated in Sean's car patiently waiting for him to finish up filling the tank with gas. Since my car was at Maya's shop, Sean was my chauffeur and he was more than delighted to perform the service of driving me around. But I didn't really have places to go or run errands, so it was basically me tagging along with my friend.

My eyes travelled around the scene set out in front of me. Since I was still kind of new to Las Vegas, I studied my surroundings taking in the setting and the people along with it. Across the gas station was a diner which had a retro look to it. I became intrigued and wanted to take a look inside of it to check out the place even more. And not to mention, I was kind of hungry.

"Hey Sean." I called out for him.

"Yeah bro?" his head poked inside of the car through the open window.

"How's the food there? Mind if I check it out?" my head motioned towards the diner.

"It's nice and yeah go ahead. I'll meet you inside."

"Cool." I gave a nod and pushed open the passenger door to step out.

My body was engulfed in the sweltering July heat immediately. Even the thin fabric of my white V-neck felt like a great barrier for air to pass through to relieve me from the humid feeling.

As I left the shade from the roof of the gas station and stepped underneath the sun's powerful rays, I unhooked my sunglasses from the collar of my shirt and slipped them on. The heat was becoming unbearable for me so I hurriedly crossed the empty street and made it to the side of the diner.

I pulled open the door and was instantaneously welcomed by a gush of cool air from the air conditioner. As I pulled off my shades and hooked it back where it previously was, I studied the interior of the place. It was very nice and very much to my liking. The place was somewhat full as some people were seated by small white rectangle tables which were pushed off to the right side of the eatery, while a couple were aligned in front of the counter seating on red stools, and the remaining were the staff walking around attending and serving their customers.

I made my way over to the counter and took a seat on one of the red cushioned seats. My eyes ran over the large menu boards that were hung up against the wall. Not being able to set my mind to what I exactly wanted to eat at this hour of the afternoon, my attention and ears diverted to the young girl behind the counter asking the customer beside me for their order.

"Um I'll have a caramel milkshake with extra whipped cream and caramel on top please. Oh and add some nuts on it too." a familiar voice stated their order.

"Alright." the young girl quickly jotted down the details of the milkshake. "I'll get it to you in a few minutes."

I turned my head towards the female customer and my eyes met Maya's beautiful side profile. Before I was able to greet her or even get a better and longer look at her, the young girl was standing in front me asking for my order.

"And what would you like sir?" I turned back towards the front to find the smiling girl, who seemed to be at least sixteen years old, holding up her notepad and pen ready to take my order. I glanced at the name tag which was pinned to her shirt and it read Jackie.

"Uh I'll have what she's having." I smiled back and pointed my thumb towards Maya.

"Okay." Jackie nodded and walked away.

I turned my attention back to Maya, who I found staring right back at me. I finally took the opportunity to look over her and God she left me breathless. Today, way more of her tanned silky skin was exposed to me. Unlike yesterday where it was all hid underneath the jumpsuit, right now it was visible all thanks to the dark denim shorts and fuchsia tank top she was wearing. I had the urge to trace my fingertips along her arms and legs, but I knew better.