27

Maya and I drove back to Daniel's showroom, myself in my own car and Maya in her brother's, so she could return his car back. Confessing our feelings for each other had definitely lifted a heavy weight off our chests, but now the issue of what Daniel had to say about this stood among us. Speaking for myself, I didn't give one fuck about what he thought about us being together, and I was sure Maya had similar thoughts about this too. But even so, this situation wasn't as easy as going up to her brother and informing him that we loved each other. No, this was way more fucking complicated.

I stepped out of my Mustang and waited for Maya to exit the Mitsubishi. I could see she was nervous but also quite annoyed with the situation. Her gaze was trained on the ground as she marched her way towards me. As she neared me, I could hear her mutter profanities while she took Daniel's name along with them.

"You, okay?" I asked slightly tilting my head to the side.

"Yeah." Maya looked up and let out a heavy sigh. She combed her fingers through her long locks of hair and tugged at the roots before she ran her hands down her neck and then dropped them to her sides. "I'm good. Let's go inside."

I motioned her to go first and I followed her once she did. As we walked on the gravel and approached the long building, I was taken by surprise when Maya grabbed my hand and interlocked her fingers right between the spaces of my own. I knew that I was never going to get used to her touch against me. How could I? It always excited me. From day one without fail, she always made me feel electrified with charging sensations shooting through my body which left goosebumps all over my skin. But as I stared down at our hands clasped together, I couldn't help but smile at the sight.

It was perfect... we, together were perfect.

Once we stepped through the doors of the showroom, we spotted Daniel a few meters away inspecting a tire on one of the cars. Simultaneously, Maya let go of my hand and advanced towards him while I stayed behind.

On hearing her footsteps echo across the room, Daniel turned his head towards her and looked at the both of us quizzically. He rose to his feet and walked towards us until Maya approached him, and he crossed his arms across his chest.

"What do we have here?" he looked past her and raised his eyebrows at me. "He should be leaving."

"Zayn's not going anywhere." Maya said sternly.

"Oh, is that so? Well, he should be if he doesn't want me to blow his head off. What do you say Zayn? I thought we had a deal."

I remained quiet and let Maya do all the talking, because at least his arrogant ass listened to her.

"You're not shooting anyone Daniel. But if you're gonna, you have to go through me first." she stepped towards him.

"I'm sorry, what?" he let out a laugh. "Maya, what the fuck are you doing? Do you hear yourself right now?"

"I can't have Zayn leave Vegas. If he goes, then I go too."

"Acting a little too attached to him now, don't you think M?" he cocked his head to the side.

I heard Maya let out a heavy sigh. She remained silent for a moment before she opened her mouth to speak again. I knew what was coming.

"I love him."

The smile on Daniel's lips instantly fell off on hearing her confession. His jaw tightened and he slowly rose his head straight. "Excuse me?!"

"You heard me." Maya shrugged. "I love Zayn." she turned her head to face me and I momentarily shared eye contact with her, before looking back at a pissed off Daniel.