26

I barged into my home and slammed the door shut behind me. My tears were profusely streaming down my cheeks as I had broken down the moment I had sat inside the car. I felt like throwing stuff around but I controlled my urge to. I collapsed onto the couch in the living room as I continued to sob into the pillow. I didn't know why I was exactly crying. Was I crying because I ended up betraying and hurting Zayn? Or was I crying because Zayn was about to leave? Either way, I had way too many emotions built up inside of me and I felt like I was about to explode.

All this time I had been protecting Zayn from getting hurt by other people, but at the end he ended up getting hurt for something I did. I hated myself so much for doing so, but to be fair I didn't know things were going to turn out like this. Still, I was disgusted with myself. I truly cared so much about Zayn, but now he probably hated me and wouldn't even want to look at me.

Feeling absolutely pathetic, I sat up and tried to stop myself from crying any further. Gradually my sobs subsided to occasional sniffles. I took a deep breath and slumped against the couch. I had to do something. I couldn't just let Zayn go like that. He needed to hear my side of the story too.

Zayn's POV

I searched through the living room carrying my duffel bag around, to see what else I should take along with me. I was previously in my bedroom stuffing random articles of clothing into the bag as my mind was running all over the place. I didn't even know what to pack, let alone where I was going to go. But I did know, I had to get out of Las Vegas as soon as possible.

I didn't even bother thinking about what happened earlier at Daniel's showroom. All I knew was that I needed to get out of this fucking city, get away from its wretched people and, Maya.

"Fuck." I threw my bag down and held my lip, which began to bleed again. I grabbed a tissue and pressed down on it to adsorb the red fluid gushing out of my split up lip.

As I was attending my injury, I heard someone knock at the front door. Throwing the stained tissue aside, I walked up to the door to open it. I didn't bother to check who it was so when I saw Maya standing behind it, I was taken by surprise.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly.

"I- I need to talk to you." she replied. I noticed her eyes were red and swollen which made be guess she was probably crying earlier. Her eyes were still glossy due to the moisture locked within them. My heart tugged at the sight of her like this, but I was still furious with her.

"I don't wanna hear it." I began to close the door but Maya put her hand up against it, to stop me.

"Zayn, please." she pleaded.

Rolling my eyes and sighing, I walked away from the door not bothering to open it wider for her. I heard Maya step inside and slowly close the door behind her. I picked up the duffel bag again and continued to search for things to pack and take with me.

"You're actually leaving." she said softly, which sounded more like a question.

"Yeah." I looked up at her. "I don't wanna be having a bullet go through my head, you know?"

"Zayn." she stepped towards me.

"What?" I replied a bit too harshly.

She sighed and pulled at my bag for me to let go of it. "Let go of this for a second."

"Maya, stop it. Look, why are you even here? I don't want to hear anything you have to say, alright?"

"Zayn, I-" she paused. "You're bleeding again."

"What?"

"Your lip." she held my chin making her touch feel odd against me for the first time. I didn't want her to touch me. "You didn't clean it up properly. Let me."