New Friend

*A few weeks later*

I've decided to take time off of Stephen so I can have time to think. I'm not going to school today since I have another doctors appointment. I got up and went to my closet to find something to wear. I looked in the mirror and saw my belly showing.

I kind of smiled just thinking about the beautiful human being inside of me.Even though I know it will be hard to raise a child,this human being will change my life and maybe bring me happiness.Something I really need in my life.

I need to go to the store to buy some maternity clothes since my clothes are getting a bit tight on me. I went downstairs to get something to eat before I leave. My mom is making waffles... my favorite breakfast ever!

I grabbed a plate and began eating the delicious,most amazing waffles.Then my brother came and grabbed a plate.

"Hey.... so I'm bringing my girlfriend later, so please don't embarrass me."Chris said warningly.

"Wait... since when did you get a girlfriend?"I questioned.

"Since last month,but please don't embarrass me and same goes to you mom."Chris said.

"Ok ok,but Katherine...remind me to get the baby pictures of Chris."My mom said smirking.

"MOM!".Chris said with his eyes wide.

"I'm kidding,i'm kidding.I won't embarrass you."My mom said washing the dishes.

My mom and I left to go to the doctors a while after,and I'm really excited but I don't know why.I'm usually nervous when I come here.

"Hey, can we go to the store to buy some maternity clothes?"

"Sure honey."My mom said.

We got out of the car and went to the floor of the office. I told the nurse my name and what time I had the appointment. Me and my mom waited in the waiting room and I saw some ladies in there and then I saw a girl that looked my age.

"Hey Katherine,I'm gonna be right back,your father is calling me."My mom said,standing up from the waiting chair.

"Okay."I said.

When my mom left the room,I stayed in the office looking around until the girl sat right next to me.

"Hi,I'm Zoey."The girl said.

"Hi,I'm Katherine."I said.

"So,...I guess we're like the only girls that are pregnant."She said laughing.

"Yeah....how old are you?"I asked.

"15.What about you?"

"17."I said.

"Your lucky that your older and that you have your mother by your side. I don't. I'm in foster care and my foster father is gay,so I don't have a mother figure in my life.I also just transferred here because my dad thought it would be easier.I still see the father of my baby though,if you were wondering.So far,I don't have any friends at my new school and I'm just a loner,but the baby will basically be my little best friend."She said,smiling at the end.

"Well,hey....we could be friends. That's a start.I'll be there for you. I can also be a mentor....sort of."I said.

"Thanks,that really does mean a lot to me."she said.

"Here's my number if you ever need a thing."I said.

"Thanks. Here's my number."She said.

After we exchange numbers,she went inside because they called her name. My mom came back inside and sat down. We waited until they finally called my name. They checked me and they put me into a room. I heard a knock at my door and saw Dr. Montgomery.