Witch Bros:4

Over the years I've been changing my most consistent memories and losing the less impactful ones, now a days I wonder what's still the same in my head.

I also wonder what's still the same in the world around me.

Charlie got a call from his father and had to leave before he could get an answer from the Baelfire brothers who insisted that they were both fine and that their parents were on their way home in a hurry.

Charlie's father was disabled, he couldn't ignore a call from him, so he left the Baelfire house hesitantly.

"I'm sorry I made you feel crazy."

"Don't sweat it, now that Charlie is gone, are you really okay?" Cole asked wondering why Johven only needed to wear the watch once, but he apparently couldn't live without it.

(Ringing sound coming from under the couch)

"That's my phone, oh shit I dropped it when I was talking to mom." Cole knelt down and grabbed the phone.

"Dad."

"Cole, are you okay? Are you still wearing your watch?" Otis asked sounding out of breath.

"Yeah, dad why do you sound like that? What's going on?" Cole asked, Johven pressed his ears to his brother's phone.

"How's Johven?"

"I'm fine, answer the question dad, we need to know."

"Ah! Mary look out!"

"Dad what's happening?" They exclaimed.

"Boys, if we don't make it back, call your great grandmother and get out of that house." The call ended and cold sweat covered both boys along with fear.

"Call him back!"

"He's not answering." Cole said standing, he was looking around almost as if to make sure it was the same house he'd always known.

It suddenly felt different, like being out in the cold, the four walls that once represented safety had betrayed him.

"We need to go Joh."

"You can't be serious, we can't just leave."

"We need to find them." Cole said.

"We should call Mama Lu, what if this has to do with witchcraft?" Johven said.

"What are you talking about?" Cole asked dubiously.

"She's from Haiti, they're really big on it over there."

"Dad hates that stuff." Cole said then his eyes widened.

"Now we know why." Johven said picking up his phone.

"Shit, I don't suppose you have her number?" Johven said.

"It must be written down somewhere." Cole said.

"Do we have time to look?" Johven asked looking around.

"I guess we're going to find out."

********

After a few minutes of searching their parents' room and their father's study, Johven started to cry.

"They're still not answering, this is hopeless." he sobbed.

"You can't cry right now."

"I don't know what else to do, our parents could be dead right now." Johven replied.