Miles away from the usual: 13

The beast knocked Charlie down and clawed at his face, the Banshee started to weep and zeroed in on Johven, he was frozen, her weeping was viciously pulling something from deep inside to the surface.

"Johven! Get away from him!" Charlie screamed and blasted the hound off him then he pushed Johven out of the way of the Banshee, she grabbed him up and flew into the air.

"Charlie!" Johven screamed, the hell hound growled and attacked him, he could hear Charlie screaming as the Banshee floated higher and higher.

The dog pinned him to the ground.

Charlie fell out of the sky and landed on his stomach, Johven felt like he heard every bone in his body break, he was out cold.

"Charlie!" He screamed and the hound barked at him as if telling him to shut up, he focused all his rage on the huge dog and it turned to ice right before his eyes.

It didn't freeze over, the dog became ice.

Johven got up and started reciting a banishing spell for the Banshee.

"I will be back for you, each time I come I will take someone you love, until you surrender yourself to me." The Banshee said before disappearing, she took the ominous fog with her.

"I'm gonna turn her heart to ice and shatter it in her chest." Johven said kneeling next to Charlie, he was still breathing. He struggled to get him up and into his dad's car.

"Johven, is she gone?"

"Charlie don't talk, you're hurt."

"It doesn't hurt that much, I feel like I should have died from that fall, but I just feel sore."

"You don't know what you're saying, I'm taking you to the hospital."

"No, the book I was just reading said the first male Banshee would possess instant regeneration capabilities." Charlie said sitting up in the back seat.

"How is that even possible? She was so high up."

"I think we're far from thinking anything is impossible at this point." Charlie said.

"This is so messed up, I can't believe he attacked at the Carver's, Tiffany said Cole protected her, he could of killed her. I don't think we can leave." Johven said.

"Me either, I can't leave my dad, I need to get him out of that house." Charlie replied.

"And now she has huge demonic dogs. I need to get full control over my powers." Johven said.

"How did you manage to not get eaten alive by that thing?" Charlie asked.

"I turned it to ice and she didn't want it to, she's not going to kill me because she needs my body, but now I know she's willing to kill everyone around me to get to me."

"I think that was her goal tonight, first Cole now me."

"Mama Lu, oh my God what if-"

"Don't think like that, focus on Cole." Charlie said switching to the front passenger seat, his wounds were completely healed and gone from his face, you couldn't tell by looking at his skin that he was just mauled by a huge demon dog and dropped from several feet in the air.

"Whoa, you don't have a scratch on you." Johven said.

"Instant regeneration."

*********

When they got to the hospital they couldn't see Cole, he was getting stitches, but the nurse informed them that the wound was shallow and that he'd be alright.