Just a couple Miles: 16

Charlie had become an official suspect after a week and 3 days.

Suspicion was on the Baelfire family, specifically the twins, the last Baelfires.

Miles ran into their guest room Friday after coming home from school to share something he was unable to keep in.

"Guys!"

"What is it? Are they coming for us?" Cole asked standing abruptly.

"Calm down Clyde, no one's after you." Miles replied.

"Is it Charlie, did they find him?" Johven asked.

"No, but the police confirmed that your parents left on a last minute flight to San Francisco California." Miles said, Johven and Cole looked at each other with more hope in their eyes than they thought themselves cable of having.

"I thought they were dead." Cole said to himself.

"There's more." Miles said.

"They tried, but can't get in contact with them?" Cole asked.

"They're phones don't even ring." Johven said.

"They called the hotel, the manager said they left the day after they checked in and haven't shown up since." Miles said.

"We have to go to San Francisco." Cole said.

"How are you gonna find them?" Miles asked.

"We know exactly where they went and for what." Johven replied.

"Do you guys have the money?" Miles asked.

"I do." Cole said.

"I don't think the police is going to let you guys go, there's a full blown investigation going on and even though they don't seem to suspect you two.."

"Leaving the country will definitely give them a reason to suspect us." Johven said.

"That's their problem. Miles, can they legally stop us from leaving?"

"Yes if you're suspects, they might still strongly suggest you stay if you're not."

"Then I strongly suggest we do this as discretely as possible. Can I borrow your computer?" Cole replied.

"Sure." Miles said then left the room.

"You're gonna use your savings?"

"What else am I gonna use? This whole situation is everything I never wanted my life to be, we need to find them and they need to fix this." Cole replied.

Johven took a deep breath and went to the window, a stray tear fell from his eyes and he hugged himself, for a moment he saw Charlie in the reflection on the window, he was hugging him and smiling.

"Hey. Listen I know this is harder for you as much as I think its unfair for me, I'm not the one who was promised to some ancient devil woman." Cole said touching his brother's shoulder.

"Charlie's out there Cole, alone and afraid."

"Wherever he is we have to assume she's there too, corrupting him." Cole replied.

"The books say he can be brought back, with love." Johven replied.

"Johven, I like Charlie, didn't always, but he's proved himself, he cares about you." Cole said.

"Then why aren't we trying to help him?"

"Because he cares about you, he wouldn't want you trying to help him if it meant you could get hurt." Cole said as Miles re-entered the room.