Quake: 6

The forest was unbearably quiet, to familiar ears, the sounds became nothing less than background noise unless you remembered to think about the crawling beats that animated the earth and the flying beast that dance beneath the clouds, mocking gravity and man's vulnerability.

Cole maintained his lazy stride as he walked home, he refused to believe he could feel someone else's body heat without them being really close.

But he couldn't shake the feeling, it was almost like a large man was breathing down his neck aggressively emitting intense body heat.

"I must be out of my head." Cole said, he picked up a little speed wanting to escape the feeling.

He felt a slight shift beneath his feet, a small trimmer. He stopped walking and looked around.

"Hmm."

The ground started to shake violently as he was about to continue walking.

"What the hell!"

The earth beneath his feet turned to quicksand, before he had time to react, he was sinking.

"What the hell is going on!"

Cole screamed for help. A man emerged from the bushes with a scarf wrapped around his face.

He was covered from head to toe, no inch of skin was visible.

"Help me!" Cole shouted.

"Stop yuh shouting bwoy, you wake the forest." the man shouted in a bellowing voice.

"Who the hell are you?" Cole exclaimed trying to escape the quick sand, his struggling made him sink faster.

"The question is which one are you?" The man replied.

"Get away from me freak!"

"What is your name bwoy?" He asked, he had a thick Caribbean accent, possibly British Caribbean, it sounded like he spent some time in Europe, but was born in the Caribbean.

He had two different eye colours one was brown and the other was a very hollow grey.

"I'm not telling you shit!"

"Wrong answer." The man said then lifted his arms and the earth started to move, Cole felt like he was in a sunken car that was still moving, within a few minutes he was deep in the woods.

The man appeared over him on a floating rock.

"What the hell?" Cole exclaimed. He looked around and was unable to recognize the forest, could he have been moved that far in such short time?

"What did you do? Where am I?"

The man continued to make weird hand gestures until the quick sand turned solid and trapped Cole within the earth, he was starting to panic, he felt like he was in an elaborate fever dream.

"By now you've realized I have complete control over the earth you walk on, I am going to ask one last time before I crush you to death."

"You're that Shaman, you wanna sacrifice me."

"Maybe, depending on which twin you are, who knows, yuh just might be the twin who lived."

Cole was silent, he didn't know how to respond.

"Wait, you're not gonna kill me, you're bluffing." Cole said.

"Oh really and what gives you that idea?" The man asked and the earth started to constrict around Cole, he felt like his chest didn't have enough space for him to breathe.

"I'm not 18, you can't sacrifice me until my 18th birthday, that's why you haven't killed me already and just gone after my brother, you just wanna know who to go after when it's time."