Hell Hounds: 14

"Are you crazy! Why is he here? Was me getting stabbed not enough to convince you that this is serious?"

Johven's heart fell and he immediately felt stupid and ashamed.

He did know the risk and the seriousness of the situation.

"Some times I wonder if you'll ever grow up Joh, get him out of here before something happens." Cole said then went back over to Blu.

"I'm sorry." Johven said to himself before heading inside.

****

"Johven when were you gonna tell me your brother is friends with Blu Anuwat?" Miles asked as soon as Johven entered.

"Um today, let's go up to my room." Johven said heading upstairs, Miles followed.

"So what's going on? Why is your life suddenly shrouded in so much mystery?" Miles asked as soon as they entered Johven's room.

"What mystery?" Johven asked sitting on his bed.

"Well you have a boyfriend now, your brother is buddies with your I wanna say former crush?.."

"Yes.. former."

"You okay? What's Cole's problem?"

"He's been having a bad couple days. So what's been happening at school?"

"Nothing interesting. In entertainment, Trent Bravado is about to be the next JB." Miles replied.

"Oh."

"Yeah, and I think I'm growing a third testi..."

"Uh huh."

"Johven!"

"Sorry, Cole kinda reminded me that we're not supposed to have anyone over while our parents are away." Johven replied.

"Oh.. well I should get to the important stuff then."

"So you know how my dad is a CSI?"

"Yeah..."

"This is super hush hush, but I heard him say Brite's injuries aren't consistent with what they claimed happened, it might turn into a murder investigation."

"What?" Johven exclaimed, a clap of thunder interrupted them.

"Holy shit, it's coming down out there." Miles said looking out the window.

"Miles are you sure you heard right?"

"Positive, it's part of why this is so hard to accept, who would hurt Brite?" Miles asked.

"What do the police think? Your uncle is like a detective or something right?"

"He is, but he'd never tell me anything or say anything in front of me, I did hear about what happened to Cole before you called me though." Miles replied

He almost forgot that he called Miles that night when he was at the hospital.

"What if its the same guy? What if there's a killer in Mellow Cove?" Miles asked.

"Don't go Nancy Drew just yet, no way they're related." Johven replied.

"Well the Anuwat's say they were hiking in Pinhey Forest, there's no proof that Brite was dead long enough for them to drive from there with his body and they said he died immediately. " Miles replied.

"Miles, this all sounds-"

"Morbid, I know. Makes me sick, but I feel like something else is going on and Brite deserves justice."