The Blu Alpha: 18

The Moon has long been synonymous with the occult, witches, werewolves and the night. Some people focus on the bright side of the Moon and it's relationship with water and gravity.

Others focus on the Lycanthropy, the myth of the wolf man, regular human by day, a beast beneath the full moon.

"Your father is dead, you are the Alpha, they will be coming for you." His mother exclaimed for the 10th time

They sat in the kitchen with nothing but the pale moonlight peeking in through the sliding glass door.

"No, we can-"

"We can what? Move again? Up root our lives?" Luke replied.

Mrs. Anuwat was crying, she was prepared to leave, to do it all again. Her only regret was Brite, she felt like she was leaving him there, his memory.

"We'll have to, I refuse to let you join them." His mother said.

"Mom, he's gonna be 18 in a month. It's his choice and if he doesn't want to do it, I will." Luke said.

"No!" She exclaimed.

"Mom you know what will happen if you keep us from them, mom." Luke said.

"Nothing is going to happen if we leave." Mrs. Anuwat said.

Blu got up and slipped into his back yard, the moon was full and it burned his skin as he removed each layer of clothing, he bathed himself in the desire to be free, to change.

"Where's your brother?" Mrs. Anuwat asked noticing her son's absence.

"He's gone, I'll go after him." Luke said.

"No, stay and help me pack, he will come back." She replied, Luke agreed reluctantly.

*****************************

It was Saturday, the 3rd of February. It was starting to feel like they would blink and February would be over.

A whole week had come and gone since Johven's fight with the zombie Shaman and his hell hounds. He started going back to school on Monday, everything was quickly returning to normal.

But then Johven would see the Anuwats without Brite, he'd go home to a still unfamiliar place and he would remember his parents could very well be dead and his great grandmother was definitely dead.

Her funeral was short, it was just Johven, Cole, Miles and Mr. Shapter. All of her kids were dead, any other family members couldn't make it.

All thing's considered he was looking forward to Saturday, Miles had some how managed to convince him and his brother to go to the movies with Blu, Luke and Tiffany and Cole's friend Alex.

*************

"I usually don't like super hero movies, but I couldn't miss this, Vixen shoulda been had her own movie." Alex said as they all walked towards the theater.

"It's definitely over due, Vixen was my favourite super hero as a kid." Tiffany said.

Her and Cole were basically sharing a body, they were so close, they held hands, they were officially dating, Miles and Luke seemed to be starting something and he and Blu were lagging back awkwardly.

He still liked him, but he couldn't even think about anyone else when he hadn't seen Charlie in exactly 19 days, he missed him and he felt immense guilt each day he continued to live on, not knowing if Charlie was okay.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." He said to himself.

"You feel guilty." Blu said.

"Umm."