Not my day

At school. Corki is 17 yrs. old.
Corki's POV

"Left 22, right 35, left 30 and right 15." I whispered to myself as I entered my locker combination.

It's the last day of the week and I'm glad to finally to get out of this hell hound.

*click*
My locker door opened and I quickly took out my language and art books, before I see Hariette the school's cheer captain.

Locking my locker, I walked swiftly towards the school's double brown doors through the now busy hallway.

My backpack was heavy everyday for as long as I could remember. I almost reached safety when I was pushed into the wall opposite the blood red lockers.

Looking up, I saw the whole cheer squad staring back at me.

"Where is my social studies note book?" Hariette asked.

"What b- b- book?" I stuttered.

The hallway bursted with laughters.

"Well, Danny said that he saw you with it in first period." She stated in a matter of fact tone.

Before I could say anything, another girl named Tasha grabbed my book bag.

They searched my bag and did not find her book,
"She doesn't have it." Tasha said as she threw me my bag.

"OK. Your lucky now run along whore!" Hariette yelled in my face.

The halls erupted once again with laughter, I ran as fast as I could to the restroom and cried.

Standing in front of the mirror, I stared at my reflection. Knowing the girl staring back at me with forest green eyes, now red from crying, with light brown complexion and thin brown hair.

This wasn't the girl I had been. I was once happy.

Quickly fixing my appearance, by the time I finished the bell rang again.

It was now three in the afternoon, so I quickly placed my books in my bag that I'll need for Monday morning.

As I exited the restroom, looking around to see if the coast was clear before I knew it I was grabbed by my wrist and yanked out into the hallway.

Sooner than I could even blink, a hand went across my face and I started to get punches in the face and stomach.

I could not identify my attackers but I could tell that there were more than one.

Later that afternoon.

Going up the familiar stairs that lead to my bed room, pushing open my white door and was greeted with the warm atmosphere.

Dumping my bag on the floor next to my wooden study table, and went straight to the bathroom to take a long warm relaxing bath.

By 4 pm I was finished, thank god I also had some makeup to cover my bruises.

Opening the doors to my closet, I took out my black pencil skirt, black slippers and a white blouse and got ready for work.

Grabbing my car keys and my phone, I hurried downstairs towards the kitchen and grabbed an apple and some grapes.

Locking the front door then hurried towards my black BMW.

In a few seconds I was on the road, glancing at the clock I saw that it was now 6 pm. I had enough time to stop at the hospital before work.

My grandmother Gloria is very ill, she's the only family I have left. Mom, dad and my little sister died in a car accident when I was 5.

A few minutes after, I pulled up in the driveway of Lady Olivia's Public Hospital. (Nb. I made up the name of the hospital.)

Hurrying towards the two story hospital.

"Hi, Corki" the receptionist said as I walked in.

"Hi, Angie." I replied with a smile.

We talked for a while then I headed towards room 102.
"Grandma?" I called as I entered the room.

"Ah, Corki dear, how are you?" She replied in a weak yet a joyful voice.

"I'm fine granny, I bought you something." I said as I kissed her wrinkled chubby soft cheek.

When she saw the bag of grapes, there was a faint twinkle in her eyes. In a matter of minutes she was eating her favourite fruit.

We talked for some minutes until it was time for me to go. Granny fell asleep a few seconds before.

Leaving a light kiss on her fore head, I quietly left the room just in time to see Dr. Brown.

He told me that two weeks from now, I could take grandma home. Thanking him I hurried to my car and drove off to work.

****************************** vote, comment and suggest. Hope u guys enjoyed this.