Chapter 20.

Heyyyaaa. Happy Reading lovelies. ❤

...

I landed up in my place, knowing manik, I thought he has planned something for me that's why he's behaving that weird with me!
But no, someone has rightly said expectations leads to disappointments only!
I was never a demanding girlfriend, when I was with dhruv but with manik - you can't blame me. He has spoiled me. He pampered me like his baby, the love he has given me, I can't thank him enough. I love this man. I do.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to call manik, but I found is busy. He was busy on another call. I took it like normally and walked towards the washroom to take bath it was 7 already. I had long day at office. I went to take a hot water bath to relax my body. I came out dressed in a short and a loose tee.
I picked my phone to check if manik called me or not and walked towards the kitchen to make something to eat.

I dialed his number and found it busy again! Wow. What the hell. Kis se baat kar raha hai yeh. I made myself cheese pasta. I ate it and then dialed cabir's number - since my man has decided to ignore me all ways!
After two three rings cabir picked up the call.

...

"Hey cabir! How are you?"

"I'm fine nandini. You tell?"

"I"m good as well, cabir is manik around you?"

"No nandini! I thought he was with you!"

"What no! He's not with me, in fact since the time we left for office from my place, we didn't talk."

"You didn't call him?"

"No, I didn't!"
"Why are you asking that?"

"Nandini, are you sure you didn't call him?"

"Why do you think I'd lie to you? Of course I'm sure. I didn't call him."
"But why are you asking that to me?"

"Because nandini! His phone was constantly ringing today in the office."

"What! But I didn't call him, neither I messaged him because I had so much to do in the office today!"

"But nandini, his phone was ringing constantly & twice he said it's you calling him."

"What! No way cabir. I didn't call him."

"Nandini, kahi koi or to nae milgayi?"

"Shut up cabir! Kuch bhi!"

"Ahahah. Acha acha. Sorry."

"Cabir, I'm seriously worried, can you please message me his address, he told me where he lives but still message me his address once."

"Wait. I'll message you. No, aisa kartay hain I'll pick you from your place in 10 and we'll go to manik's together."

"No no cabir, it's fine and I'll manage."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, very much and if I need help, you'll be the first one to be called."

" Yeah, I know that. I'll message you his address as I end the call."

"Yeah. Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

...

He messaged me manik's number, I immediately changed my shirt, took my bag and moved towards my car.
His house was actually near mine. I took a lift to his floor and in couple of minutes I reached his house, I ringed the bell no one answered. I raised my hand to knock but a little push and the door moved on the either side. It was open. I walked inside.

"Manik!"

"Manik are you in there? It's me nandini."

No one replied. I'm actually worried now. Where the hell is manik! Like seriously. I heard some sound from a room, I supposed it as his room. What I saw next shook me.
I saw that always smiling manik, broken - crying, his eyes blood red.
I ran towards him without wasting more of my time.

"Manik! Are you okay?"

He didn't reply me, pulled to his level and hugged me.

"Nandini, I'm not fine. I'm not." - He said with the pain in his voice.

"Manik, relax. Kuch nae hoga. I'm here na? Shush." - I tried to calm him.

"Nandini, tum kahi nae jaogi na? Promise me you won't go anywhere, promise me." - He asked.

"Manik, I'm right here, neither I'll go anywhere nor I'll leave you ever. I promise. Nandini promise." - I said.

"Thank you. I love you." - He confessed in broken words.

"I love you too manik." - I said kissing his forehead.

"Manik, is it the same reason?" - Somewhere I knew what is the reason behind this, basically who is the reason behind this.

"Hmm." - He nodded.

How I wish to take all his sorrows from him! This man, who looks like a carefree kid has a lot in his heart. We three are bestfriends because we had our different problems going. We met in delhi even after being mumbaikers. We left out houses for our own personal shit, somehow we learnt to overcome all those things together, manik came from a not-so-broken yet broken family. Cabir left his mom because his mom couldn't stand him being gay! She felt shame in accepting that her son is different and me, my family looked like a happy one but, my mom and dad were together just for me, because they both loved me and they just couldn't imagine their life without me.

"Manik, did you eat something?" - I questioned.

"Naa." - He said plain simple no.

"Manik, kuch khaalo please." - I requested.

"No, I just don't want to eat anything. I want to sleep." - He said.

"Acha okay. Fine. Have a glass of water please, for me." - I requested.

He just nodded, I gave him a glass of milk instead with a pain killer. I made him lie on the bed and sat on the floor.

"Nandini, please hold me while I sleep." - He requested.

I walked to the other end of the bed and lied down close to him, hugging him. He pulled me in a hug. I lightly brushed my hand on his forehead and he slept, holding me near him.

....

Okay. Hogaayaaaa.
Next chapter me I'll tell the reason as well. 😉 abhe k lye. Tadaaa. ❤