Chapter 23.

Hey guys, I know you people want to kill me for disappearing like that, last I updated in February. I'm sorry. I don't have one reason for not updating, I was ill, then some university work and stuff, sorry. Now I'll try to be regular. Please bear with me, I know many of you lost interest because of these late updates.

-----

Short recap: Nandini bump into manik's elder sister in the boutique, they had a chat over manik and his mom's relation, she requests manik to talk to his mother but he walks out instead. Nandini spends night with manik and she leaves his place early morning after preparing breakfast for him.

"Nandini Murthy! How can you be so careless? You were supposed to report here and you were enjoying your time at home." My boss yelled at me for being careless. I know I was, but then manik is my first priority now.

"I'm sorry sir." I made apologetic face, I had nothing to say. How can I fight with the person who's right. I chose to keep mum.

"Nandini, you did a great job in the last wedding that's the reason I'm letting this go or else you know me." My boss glared at me angrily.

"Yes sir, I know. I'm sorry. This won't happen again." I said.

"Better. Now you can leave." He said and instructed me to leave.

The day for both of them went pretty smooth, they chatted for a while and then got back to work. Later, manik messaged nandini that he'll come and pick her up from office. As soon as the office time ended nandini received a message from manik that - he's waiting for her. She packed her bag and walked out of the office, she saw manik leaning on his car.

Nandini's Pov.

 As I stepped out of my office I saw manik standing there waiting for me.

"Hey manik." I said and hugged him.

"Woah, PDA.. ehem." He teased me.

"Manik! Shut up." I faked anger.

"Wese to be wife, I loved your surprise." He confessed.

"Did you? I'm glad." I said meekly.

"Yes, lets go. I'm hungry." He said pointing towards his stomach.

"Yes my Punjabi munda, chalo." I chuckled.

Ride to the restaurant was pretty good, I told him about my boss and his anger, he suggested me to leave that job and find another if my boss is that annoying.
Manik parked his car near a Punjabi restaurant.

"Ready hoja nandini to eat oily, full of fats food." I muttered to myself making a face.

"You said something." Manik enquired.

"No, nothing. Let's go." I changed the gears.

"Fine." He said in a troubled tone.

Dinner went quite well. I had to eat butter chicken and aalo ke parathay, like who eats aalo ke parathay in a restaurant - my boyfriend does. Well we walked back to our car.

"Nandini, should I drop you home or you're coming with me?" He questioned me as we sat inside his car.

"No, I'll stay at your place only." I replied.

"Kya baat hai murthy, apke intentions kuch theek nae lag rahay?" He smirked.

"Who said they are? They aren't." I whispered and kissed his ear.

"Don't." He said.

"What?" I asked naively and kissed his jawline.

"What do you want?" He interrogated. I bit my lower lip in return and didn't reply him.