Chapter 24.

Another day in office, it went fine. I had asked manik's di in the morning to meet me after my office hours, and I messaged manik to just leave for home as I've to go and visit my colleague as she met an accident and landed up in hospital - Yeah I lied, I had no other option. I picked up my stuff and took a drive to the restaurant where di asked me to reach. I was the first one to reach, I was playing with the small flower pot there when di reached.

"Hello Di, I hope you're fine." I said and hugged her.

"Yeah nandini, I'm fine but mom isn't. You know what manik mean to her." She said as she sat on the chair.

"I know di, even he's hurt. I've tried a lot to speak to him on this topic but he doesn't wanna talk about it." I told her.

"I know nandini, but we need to find some way, I can't see mom like this nor manik." She said.

"I have an idea! Manik's birthday! 24 years back aunty gave birth to this stubborn head, now it's time to give birth to their relation again, a pure and a strong bond which is there but we need to remove the cloud of misunderstandings." I shared my idea with di, on which she smiled - I had some other plans for his birthday but right now the only thing which is important is Manik and his mom's happiness.

"Perfect!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, so I'm gonna throw a party on his birthday at Malhotra mansion!"

"Malhotra mansion?" She frowned.

"Yes, I want this shit to end where it all started." I said in a determined tone.

"But manik ko waha leke aana? Tum kar pao gi?" She asked me in a confused tone.

"Yes, I know how to handle your spoiled brother." I said stressing the word spoiled and smirked.

"You really do." She laughed.

We both had dinner together and after manik's constant messages and calls, I decided to bid bye to di and leave. I went to my place first as it's a difficult job to visit here and take my stuff daily, I packed some clothes and my accessories and left for manik's place. I knocked the door. Mr. Grumpy Malhotra opened the door with zillions of frowns. I knew the reason, me. I smiled he replied with an angry glare.
I moved close to him, thanks to the heels I was wearing, Qutub minar ko touch karna mushkil nae hota. I let a giggle out on my own thoughts. He passed a confused look, basically he was playing look look with me. I snaked my hand around his neck, placed my lips on his, sucked them lightly and moved inside with my luggage, leaving an astonished manik at the back.

"Nandini, kya tha yeh?" He nagged cutely.

"Jo tha wo tha manik." I smirked.

"Acha toh nandini murthy wants to play games?" He asked and took steps to decrease the distance between us. He stood right in front of me waiting for me to answer.

"Why I can't play games?" I said confidently, basically trying to act confident enough but the truth is whenever he comes this close to me, I go weak in my knees.
He pulled me close to him grabbing my waist and said, "What's wrong with you nandini, what are you up to?" His sudden question left me dumbstruck, did I act weird? or blurted something in front of him; these were the questions started to run in my head that moment, but my trance was broken by him when he made me face him with his one hand on my cheek.

"Han.. mujh..e kya hoga? I'm fine, nothing happened. I didn't plan anything, no nothing at all." I spoke in one breath. He looked at me astonished. Agh! What am I doing? I can't let him play with me and bring out the truth!

"Manik, kitne questions karte ho tum? Like seriously. Choro ussay, tell me, did you eat something?" I tried to divert his attention.

"My girlfriend was busy, akele kaise khaa leta, I ordered pizza it's there in the kitchen, you go and change I'll heat it up, go now." He said pushing me inside his room, which is now our room - I blushed a little on my own thoughts, he frowned.