Chapter 22.

"Di.." -Manik said.

Yep, that's right. She's no one else but manik's elder sister. She's 4 years elder to him and happily married. She used to live in the US, Idk when she moved back - obviously I was not with him for years. I know her because she used to visit manik when she was here and she always knew I had feelings for him, so I was in contact with her till the time I was in delhi but then when I left manik and that city, I didn't contact with her though she did but I turned her down nicely and I didn't want to keep any relation with manik nor his family.

He ran to her and hugged her, I aww'd at the siblings moment. Manik was so close to his sister but then after she left mumbai a lot changed and I'm sure manik didn't meet her in all these years.

...

I met my di like after two years, I did talk to her but just minutes calls, that's it.
She wished to see me in United States but then I didn't want to go, as my mom was there as well.
We didn't talk much at the boutique, I got the dress packed and we walked to the café in the mall.

"How are you di?" - I asked.

"I'm fine, how are you chotu?" - Di asked me, agh she still calls me chotu, like what. I'm a 24 year old and she still calls me chotu - that too in front of Nandini!

"How cuuu-tttee! Di you still call him chotu?" - I wished to answer her question, but when you have girlfriend like nandini murthy how can you expect her to stay quiet.

"Yeh tumharay liye bara hogaya hoga. Meray liye to aj bhi yeh chotu sa manik hai. Ziddi manik." - She said that too nandini.

"Di, aarav kahan hai?" - I asked her, distracting both the ladies from their favorite gossip topic "Manik Malhotra".

"He's with his nani, giving her hard time." - She said smilingly.

"Oh.. nani.." - I said.

"Manik, why don't you visit her, she told me she tried contacting you a day back but.." - She started but I cut off her in between.

"Di please, can we not take about it." - I said.

"Manik, kab tak mom ko takleef dogay, because of dad. Please. Stop this." - Di said.

"I know I shouldn't do this but that man! What he did to me and us. I can't forget it either and mom didn't say a word." - I said.

"Manik, there were reasons behind mom's silence." - Di said.

"I don't know what reasons she had or whatever I just.. " - I said and got up from my place.

"Nandini, are you coming with me or not?" - I said and moved out of the café.

---

"Di, don't worry, I'll make sure he will come and talk to aunty. I promise." - I said to manik's sister.

"Nandini, don't leave him alone, hamesha uske saath rehna okay?" - Di pleaded.

"I promise, I won't and he'll come around! Bohat hogaya ab." - I said and smiled faintly.

I received a call from manik, I told di that he's waiting for me out. I'll call her later and I moved out of the café, the scene didn't surprise me much. Manik was right there out of the café.

"Chalain?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied plainly.

The drive to manik's home was silent, I tried talking to him on random stuff, about us, our life and that dress. I tried to be funny as well but his mood didn't change a bit. All my efforts went in vain. Right now one thing is clear to me that I need to sort his life out asap. He deserve life time happiness not these limited ones I'm trying to give him.
I thought to stay at his place only till the time things sort out for him, we had dinner and slept in each other's arms.

Morning.
After making breakfast for manik, I left his place for mine as I had to report early today because of the mess I created. I left a note on the side table so that my monster don't panic on my sudden disappearance.

---

I woke up with my alarm's buzzing, I felt something furry in my arms instead of nandini. It was the fox fur pillow.

I turned to get my phone from the side table, I saw a note there

"Hey boyfriend, good morning. I love you my honey pot, geez cheesy much? Chalo chalo get up jaldi se, you need to attend office. If you lose your job because of reaching late then how will I shop on your credit card. No no no, get up."

I smiled at the note and my cute girlfriend, as if she shops on my credit card. I chuckled and moved out the bed. I was my clothes pressed and placed neatly on the couch. I picked them up, I found another note in my clothes.

"Wow, achievement. Chalo now when you got your clothes, go get freshen up. I sound like a wife no?"

I smiled at her cute antics, what did I do to deserve her! I strolled inside the washroom, had a quick shower and moved out of the room. I saw a note sticking on the door.

"Your shoes and socks are ready in the living room, sequence thori garbar hoogayi. Seekh rahe hoon. I'll learn slowly slowly."

"Nandini, why you aren't here. I so want to hug you and kiss you right now." I mumbled to myself and walked out of the room.

I wore my socks and then shoes, washed my hands and moved in the kitchen. I saw another note sticking on the cupboard. I removed it.

"So the you're here, your mug of tea is right there and some parathas (Just like my Punjabi boyfriend likes) , just put them in microwave, heat them and eat them, wow it rhymed. Well eat them and leave for office."

(sorry paratha thora jal gaya hai agar mein banati to aur jala hua hota, acha sorry bad one)

"No bye? strange!" - I said to myself and moved towards the living room.

I had my breakfast, kept the used crockery in the wash basin and moved out of the house.

-----

It's short, I know I'll update the next chapter in a while, sorry xx
Tadaaa. ❤