Chapter 26 (last chapter)

"Nandini, what's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing much manik, just thinking how life changed. Kitna kuch hogaya hai, kitna kuch hoga - last time one misunderstanding and our life just changed within a blink of eye. I don't know what next moment is going to give us or take something away from us." I said all my heart. "Nandini, relax! What happened? Why are you talking like this? All okay?" He asked worried. "Nothing, but I was just thinking.. we don't value our relations, and one day they just go away without any warning. You know mom and dad, they used to stay together but they were never together. One car accident and they lost each other, they lost me and I lost both of them. You know, I was angry on them, because I arranged one skype call on my birthday to talk to them, to talk to the people who brought me in this world but they fought in front of me, neglecting me totally. I hanged up the call that day, didn't call them after that and then after a week I got the news - that they died." I said.

"But nandini you never told me all this?" He questioned.

"Manik like everything was smooth between us? It wasn't." I said.

"This was the reason that you fell ill on your birthday and you didn't celebrate it." He said remembering the incidents that took place.

"Manik, I wasn't sick that day, I faked it." I said.

"But.."

"Manik kuch ifs and buts ke answers nae hotay hain." I said and got up and walked out of lounge. I sat on the corner of the bed, waiting for manik. I knew he wants to know a lot of stuff and even I need to put some sense in him - what is family and what role a mother plays in one's life.

Manik stepped inside, looking here and there, struggling with words. This is for the first time I saw him not having words to define his feelings.

"Manik come here." I said and held my one hand out in air. He came and sat on the rug placed on the floor.

"Manik let's talks about Nandini Murthy from the start." He just nodded. "Manik, you know nandini only, who's from a broken family. After I got my senses and started to feel the difference between the fights of tom and jerry and fights of my parents. First I used to think they're fighting just because of me, I used to think that they never loved me, but then I realized I'm not the reason that they're fighting but I'm the reason that they're together. Time passed, but as it passed thing became even worse. After 10th boards, I; one 16 year old asked them to decide what they want in life. And I told them what I've decided and moved out of the house as I got the confirmation letter from the college of Delhi, my parents being educated one they supported me instead of locking me in the room. Rest you know, but what you don't know is; I miss them, still I pray that they just appear from this door, that door." I said pointing towards the door. I went into that emotional zone, but I had to look strong for him.

"Nandini.. I." I shushed him. "Manik you don't have to say something to me, I've got my own regrets. Now the only thing left with me is, 'Kaash' well we're not here to mourn on your day, one special day."

"Hmm." I smiled. "Manik, you know what's special in this day, this day 25 years back, tumhari mom ne tumhe is world me laane keh kiye kitna pain bardasht kiya tha? The amount of pain you can never think of and right now one scratch on your body and she'll panic like someone tried to kill you. Manik think of it." He chose to stay quiet and listen to me. "Manik, honestly I don't want you to regret anything in life. You have time, you have your family around and they're waiting for you - apologize, talk and clear the misunderstandings. Your dad loved you, but he never loved your mom. That's why she left him and she also suffered with you. But now ultimately your dad is happy with his life so don't you think you, your sister and your mom also deserve happiness?
There's no point in staying angry with your mom for what she did for your dad, she loved him and for his happiness, she let him go, with the person he loved. He's happy in his life, tum kiska wait kar rahe ho?" I continued. He got up from his place. "Chalo!" He said pulling my hand. "But where?" "Ghar." He said without making an eye contact. "But manik is waqt? What are you up to? Manik if you're planning to hurt aunty, I swear on my life I'm never gonna forgive you." I warned him. He didn't reply me, instead pulled me out of his flat, locked it and made me sit in the car. After 10 minutes drive he stopped the car in front of Malhotra Mansion. "Manik, I hope you remember what I said. "Yes boss. You sound more like my mom's daughter than my girlfriend." He mocked. "I'm her daughter." I smirked. "So technically you're my sister? Omg, I'm dating my sister." He made one horrified face. "Shut up manik!" I glared at him. "Chalain?" "Chaloo."