Chapter 23

There it is. Phoenix Drop. Its a lot more advanced since I've last seen it. Nicer houses, guards towers. It looks beautiful. And it looks like the construction of a wall is starting to advance. Quietly, I walk forward, intending to see Aphmau. I'll probably be attacked by her the moment she sees me but I can't put this off.

I have to try.

Before I can even make it halfway to her house, I'm stopped by a guard with light brown hair and sky blue eyes. He's wearing brown chainmail armor and holds an emerald sword. "Stop! Who are you?" He inquires. From the way he's tipping his sword I can tell he's ready to hold it to my throat.

"My name is Ofelia. I need to see Aphmau." I gazed into his eyes and hope the I look sincere because I am. I hope he trusts me enough. I have to see her. I need to.

"Well.... okay but don't try anything dumb! You'll regret it."

I nodded my hand, "Fair enough. Trust me, I won't be regretting anything."

He lead me to a stone brick stairway that led to a purple and white house. Way too colorful and cheery and kind of childish for a Lord's house but I kind of like the quirky sense of it.

The guard walked forward and knocked on the door. Moments later, Aphmau emerged, eyes bright with cheer and a smile brightening her face. "Oh hello Laurence! Who's this?" 

Wait.

Laurence?!

No way. He looks so.... different. Did he dye his hair? And why are his eyes suddenly blue? I thought they used to be green!

I must have been gaping in shock for Aphmau snapped her fingers in front of my face and I blinked. She studied me up and down, "What's your name?" She questioned, confusion was dawning on her face. I knew it would. She recognizes me but she can't remember where she saw me.

"My name is Ofelia. And you're Aphmau. I know I look familiar. Don't you remember when you emerged from the portal? A certain Shadow Knight came from the cave?"

Shock and horror show like pouring rain on Aphmau's face. She unsheathes a sword and holds it threateningly, despite the lavender dress she's in.

"It is you! What are doing here!? You won't hurt Phoenix Drop."

I held up my hands in surrender, "Whoa! Take it easy. If I were going to destroy Phoenix Drop, I would've done it a long time before now. Look, here me out okay? I can explain everything."

Suspicion glittered like stars in her eyes but she gave a slow nod. "Okay.... remember though! Don't try anything."

I nodded in agreement and Laurence escorted me inside, his sword pressed against my back though a lot of good that would do him. I was immortal for crying out loud.

Aphmau seated herself, still eyeing me with distrust and Laurence stood behind her. I walked over and seated myself and stared her straight in the eye.

"Now.. this is a lot to take in but I'm going to need you to listen to me and trust me...."

~.~ (skipping the story since you've read it and I've told it once already to her father)

"And that's when I decided to come here. In hopes of starting over and becoming a better person." I finished.

Several pairs of eyes stare back at me, unblinking. Throughout the story, Aphmau kept bringing in more people. She brought in two people by the names of "Garroth" and "Dante". She also brought in a magicks user named Zoey to tell if I was sincere. 

Once I'm done, they all turn to Zoey and I look at her as well. Unconcerned for I know I am telling the truth.

"The entire thing is true. She truly wants to change for the better. Aphmau... if you turn her down it could hurt her. She might decide to become a Shadow Knight and continue hurting. I know how much damage you've done. You're one of the deadliest Shadow Knights though no one knows who you are or what you look like. Aphmau... if we do except her, we best not tell anyone what she has done and who she is. And that she's a Shadow Knight. It's for the best."

Aphmau slowly nodded and turned to me, a smile lighting her face, "Well then Ofelia. You sound like a wonderful person despite the whole Shadow Knight part so of course. Welcome to Phoenix Drop."

A wide smile breaks out on my face and I stand up and to my surprise, hug Aphmau. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me. I'll do my best to help you. I promise!"

Aphmau's shocked for a moment, then she hugged back, smiling as well. "Good to have you here."

It's finally happening.

I can finally start my life again. And change for the better.

I'm on a mission to help this world, not destroy it.

A journey starts with a single step.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 23 IS OUT THE BOOK IS COMPLETE! I FINISHED MY VERY FIRST BOOK ON WATTPAD EVER! NO JOKE THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I'VE FINISHED OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
GONNA GO WRITE THE EPILOGUE!!!!!!!!!