Chapter-14

Chapter-14

-Beta Or Not

Anna's POV

I heard things breaking and crashing from Bane's office. I quickly stood up frm the bed and ran to his office. My feet made a padding sound against the wood as I reached him. His office door is half open. I pushed the door fully and found him throwing the chair, which hit the wall and fell down breaking into pieces. He has been this angry since the attack from morning.

I gasped at his anger. The only things that didn't break are his chair and table. There are papers all over the floor and broken pieces of wood and glasses. He let out a frustrated groan and stood straight suddenly sensing me there. He looked up at me and took two long fast strides towards me before encasing me in his arms tightly.

I was shocked, but however hugged him back, knowing that he needs me right now to calm himself and his wolf. My wolf needs him too. She is worried about him. He is breathing fast showing the amount of rage he is feeling.

"Jump", he said in his low voice, which sounded husky. I jumped lightly and wrapped my both legs around his waist and hugged him more closely while putting my head on his chest. I inhaled his minty scent and felt him move. He walked to his chair and sat on it with me still in his arms. I tried to pull away to look at him, but he held me tightly to his chest.

He ducked his head to inhale my scent from my hair which calmed him wolf. We just sat there like that for a few minutes. I rubbed his back to calm him.

"Mate. Need to keep her safe", I heard him whispering. I can't help but feel his pain and hurt. I pulled away to look at him and held his face with both of my hands. I looked into his dark green eyes showing that his wolf is there, along with him. I wet my lips before speaking to him.

"Bane. Look into my eyes, I am right here, infront of you. Safe and sound in your arms. Nothing will happen to me when you are there", I tried to assure him and make his fear go away. He just stared back at me with a serious face.

"Anna", he said my name and my body tingled hearing him say that.

I nodded my head for him to continue.

"I won't let anything happen to you", he said like he is promising. I smiled at him knowingly. But I can still see that.... fear in his eyes. What is he scared of? Why?

"I know", I whispered while putting my hands around his neck.

"You will not leave me right?", he asked with pain in his voice. My mouth dropped in shock. Why would he ask that? Why would I leave him?

"Of course no!", I said sitting straight in his lap. I would never ever do that! He is my mate and I lov- I mean I can't live without him.

"Just wanted to hear it", he said giving me the same emotional look, but I can sense the vulnerability in his voice.

"You are my mate. I know that I was not a big fan of you till few days back. But, I don't want to leave you, not now. Not when I am trying to know you", I explained him desparately, wanting him to hear the truth in my words.

"Everyone that is close to me.... ends up leaving me. I don't want to loose you", he said holding my face and looking into my eyes. For once, all his emotions are clear in his light green eyes, showing that he is in control, not his wolf.

"You will not loose me", I told him what's in my heart. My his eyes still show pain which is only for brief moment. His jaw clenched for a minute. I sighed softly before drawing circles ont he back of his neck where his hair stops. He closed his eyes, clearly enjoying it. I just sat there, staring at him beautiful face. How can someone call him beast?