Chapter 27

Chapter- 27

-The Trade

Anna's POV

My heart is racing in my chest. From here… it's war! Alika is on the floor, sitting in her knees. She is completely submissive and it is clear as day that they have tortured her. Her face is filled with Miss and blood. Her ribs are visible. She is only skin and bones now. Her eyes are looking at the leaves in the ground, not once did he look up to look okay her mate. In fact, not once did their eyes meet.

James is eager to catch her glance. I can feel how sad he is. Looking at ones mate in such state is not something that a while can control. James is good at keeping his wolf in check. The wolves behind me are growling in anger. Finding their Luna in such a state made their blood boil. But everyone here knows now not the time to act in anger.

We see here to make a trade. Me for Alika.

“Ali!” I hear James whisper. Everyone here heard it because of their wolf hearing. Her name just rolled off his tongue. It must be really a moment for him. Looking at the person, he never thought he will ever see again. The person whom he fell in love with. It must be hard. It must be really hard for him. I can't help but feel my eyes well up. If I were in his position, my heart would explode too.

All of our gazes shifted to Alika, hoping now she will look at him. But no. It's like she didn't even hear him. The rogues, those filthy rogues chuckled. I hear a lot growl from behind me. It's James’s Beta. Looking at the other wolves of his pack, I see they are nearing their teeth at the rogues. At that moment, I felt the goosebumps.

This is how wolves are! We stick together no matter what.
“You seriously think she will listen to you?” The rogue who stood tall and beside Alika spoke.

“She only listens to us.” The one in the middle spoke. He must be the leader of these animals.

“She is not your slave!” James spoke beside me in a very lowly dangerous time. His eyes glued to her. “She is my MATE!” This time he shouted loudly. Maybe this time she heard him, cause she whimpered in fear.

Why is she scared of him? Her mate?!

“Tsk. Tsk. Don't scare her Alpha James. She is my favorite toy!”The Rogue leader spoke.

“I will fucking kill you!” James shouted going forward with his classes protruding out to kill the wild that spoke of his mate. “I will tear your skin and throw it to dogs, Drake!”

Before James can take another step, his Beta stops him.

“Alpha, not now!” The Beta spoke.”We need our Luna safe.” James is trying to calm his wolf. His claws going back in.

“So, I see you brought the package we told you.” Drake says looking at me. His eyes scanned me from head to toe, till they finally meet mine. My gaze didn't waver. My insides are booking with anger thinking of what they might have done to Alika. Sure I don't know her, but this is not the way I want to meet me mate’s sister.

“I am not a package you asshole!” I can't help what was coming out of my mouth.

“Fiesty! I like this kind. Very hard to tame.” The man beside Drake smiles. I grit my teeth in anger.

“So, what did you tell her? Did you tell her the real deal or…” Drake asks James.

“The real deal. I am not the one to lie like you.” James spits.

“Well, you don't lie, but you are ready to kidnap your friend’s mate.” Drake says.

“Who says he kidnapped me?” I ask coming forward.