twenty one • pilots

"I think it's this way," Destroya Decadence had commented as she pushed herself back up onto her feet. Brushing the dirt from the ground off of her blue-green jacket, she turned on her heeled boots to look up at the considerably taller killjoy than her. Taking a name from the virtual god of the killjoys, she'd become practically a god herself. 

"You sure, Des?"

"Positive."

Father Desert as he was called, when really his name was just Mister Brightside. How two and two went together, he didn't know, but at least Mother Destroya made sense. He usually had stubble, but with the tan skin of his face it hardly looked bad (in his personal opinion he looked worse being smooth) with the contrasting pale eyes and dark hair. Des, however, was a short killjoy that was rather curvy with long hair that she usually had tied up. This may not have been particularly common for female killjoys to have long hair, but whatever, right? She wore it well.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?"

"I'm sure, Brandon," Destroya had said, glancing back at him with a cocked eyebrow. The use of his real real name had shocked him into trailing behind her, putting his sunglasses back on as he surveyed the desert.

The spurs on Destroya's boots clicked and whirred every now and then, really only giving the two something to listen to other than the trotting through the desert on hard and dusty ground. Stepping onto a rock, she picked herself up only to see the exact place she was trying to get to- inside the city. While Brightside trailed her, he checked his holster for his gun and sighed once he knew it was there.

"You act like it's a bad thing we're going to see what all this fuss is about," Destroya finally stated as she took Brightside's hand and tugged him into the tunnel. 

"Not particularly, but it isn't the best idea with what's been going on lately." Why Brightside always had to be the voice of reason, he'd never know, but that seemed to be how it always played out. 

"And what's so bad about what's been going on lately? What's honestly the worst that could happen?"

"I don't know, you ask me."

"I just did."

"I..I don't know! It's just not a great idea, and you've seen the things going on around here recently. Better Living getting tighter with their security, and-"

"Chill, Brightside, it'll be fine."

"Alright, but if something happens to us, it's your fault."

"Jesus Christ, who got your panties in a wad?"

"Better Living, actually. They've killed a shit ton of Killjoys over the past few years, it's like we're dying out slowly."

Destroya turned around at this point, looking at Brightside with a blank expression. She hardly said a word, just thinking it over before turning and continuing into the city. Neither of them spoke again, and instead they simply entered through the tunnel and emerged on the outside, slipping into the city silently and generally unnoticed. 

"When I think of it, you've just posed a great idea," Destroya commented as she turned to face Brightside upon standing in a relatively sheltered place, "there are the two-"

"No."

"Yes! They could make a-"

"They'll get themselves killed."

"Brightside, please... We'll take them out and let them wander around for a bit, then they'll find the Fabulous Four, then-"

"They'll die!" Brightside argued over Destroya, a frown etched into his features. "Bey, please, be rational."