twenty three • jet star decides to play johnny ringo

The light was extraordinarily bright when Kobra came-to, and he was hardly expecting it to be like this so soon. But, he was hardly complaining. "I-shit-what?! No, wait, where's-?"

"'Kid, calm down. You hit your head pretty hard."

"I need to find my brother!"

"If you need to tell him something, I can relay a message."

"I..." Kobra paused, his mouth shutting as he shut his eyes and tried to remember what he was going to tell his brother. It was important, he knew that, but what it was just wouldn't come to his mind. "Um, just let me talk to him."

"Alright, has he changed his hair color over the past few years?"

"What?"

"Has he dyed his hair?"

"I...don't know." 

Kobra remained sitting on the ground, going quiet as questions were pressed onto him. He ignored them, just staring at the dirt in front of him and playing with the helmet that was in his lap. Though he could hear a commotion, he didn't say anything about it and instead listened to the shouting amongst the already excitable Killjoys, not knowing who was doing said shouting and giving up on listening quite quickly.

"Mikey!"

At this, however, Kobra glanced up and looked slightly bewildered upon the sight of a Killjoy shorter than him crouching in front of his helmet and leaning over it to wrap his arms around the blonde in a tight hug. Kobra was just frozen, his expression blank as he stared out at the desert. The Killjoy pulled away, his red hair almost blinding but his eyes seeming concerned behind the yellow mask he wore.

"Mikes? Kobra?"

"Hm?"

"Thank Destroya," the unfamiliar Killjoy mused. The redhead moved some of Kobra's hair out of his face, running his fingers over what must have been a bruise on his forehead as the blonde winced and pulled away from the touch. "Stop, I'm sorry if it hurts, but I just want to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine. Why do you care?" It wasn't anger in Kobra's voice, moreso confusion as he tried to place a name to the face. Nothing came up.

"I thought you said you wanted to talk to your brother," the first voice said. He seemed more suited for a fringe than what he had, but it didn't look bad. Black hair that was cut short but still messy, he wore tight fitting but heavy clothing- similar to what Kobra had on when he thought about it. Maybe he had raced too; the blonde had remembered racing, it was exhilarating, and maybe the first voice's owner had too.

"I...do...?" 

When Kobra looked back at the redhead, he noted a face full of too much expression, betrayal, hurt, nervousness, terror... "Hey, do you know what he looks like?" the first voice asked, trying to be gentle.

It took a lot of thought, and it was growing frustrating. "No- I...can't! Fuck, I had something important to tell him! I can't remember that either, I-"

"Hey, calm down... Mikes, please," the redhead said quietly, inching forward slowly. "You don't remember me?"

"I-" pause, "no, should I?"

"I'm your brother. C'mon, just come with me," the redhead said, "don't you remember? I'm Party Poison. Gerard. We can help you, just trust me, okay?" 

Kobra stood up at this and just turned around, practically running into the first person he'd spoken to but going past him anyways. That couldn't be his brother, because he'd remember him if he was, right?