Prologue

Wakanda, my home, was beautiful even the view from the sky was breathtaking. After not being here for nearly 8 years it was like seeing it for the first time all over again.

Stepping off the ship and into the boarding room im rushed by 3 women who clearly have no idea who i am. Pulling out two daggers and taking a stance ready to defend myself against the soldiers a loud yell is heard from across the room.

"Stand down!" A meek females voice commands, though i do not drop my stance the soldiers do and they fall into formation . My eyes scope the room for the voice and its not long before nakia comes running through them i drop my blades and meet her halfway in a huge hug.

"You have no idea what you just walked into, we must get you back to the states its not safe here" she pulls back from the hug in a state of panic trying to push me back on the air craft.

"What do you mean not safe? Wheres my brother? Wheres t'challa?" I ask begining to panic, my heart banging against my chest.

Nakia nods at the women before pulling me down the halls of the empty castle. There wasnt one person here, no sounds were heard not even the smell of anything. Just completele emptyness.

"Nakia where is everyone?!" I yell and she finally stops from her quick walk. "And why are you dressed in war clothes?" I add knowing she was no fighter.

"T'challa was challenged by...some guy and he killed t'challa took over the throne became the black panther and is currently sending vibranium weapons all over the world but luckily T'challa wasnt dead and hes back theres a war going on outside right now actually" she says in one breath and i frown in confusion.

"War? And you think im going to get back on that ship and not fight for wakanda?"

"I thought you might say that"

Running out to the field after suiting up i nearly faint. My people were fighting against one another, tearing up our beautiful land t'challa was being thrown around and my brother was leading some of the other soldiers against the woman. A loud scream breaks me from my trance making my heart falls into my stomach. Shuri was laid out on the ground on the edge of a sharp ledge and who im guessing is the bad guy standing over her with a sword ready to kill her. Throwing one of my spears at him as a distraction i take down two men stabbing one in the leg and the other a sharp punch to his neck. I slide on my knees under the third mans leg onto the platform shuri is on using my sword as a shield to stop his from cutting her.

"Get out of here" i growl at her she nods and quickly runs right before i use all my leg power to kick this wanna be black panther back. He tumbles backwards rolling over himself but lands on his feet like a cat would. Jumping up to my feet i twirl my swords ready for his attack showing him i wasnt backing down.

He slowly stands from his crouch before pressing a button on his necklace and for the second time today my heart drops into my stomach

"Erik...?" I breathe out angry confused hurt nervous damn near every connotation of a bad emotion swirling in me.

"Hey baby"