Chapter 5

§
Chapter 5
Tender headed
§

Sitting in a small cafe with a blueberry muffin on one side of me my text books infront of me and a extra large cup of cherry coke on my right i was jittery to say the least. The past week i had been getting caught up or atleast trying to on homework. On monday im pretty sure all of my professors got together and said lets mess her life up because i had 4 essays, 2 pre midterms, and a presentation due in a week and a half. That goes to say i have been looking crazy i hadnt had time to do my hair so i put 5 or 6 corn braids in and have been wearing dresses because they took the least amount of time to put on.

My peace is interupted when no other then erik sits infront of me. I dont pay him any attention because i have no intentions on arguing in the middle of this coffee shop or being distracted from my work. Highlighting a few different key points in the text book and typing another paragraph for my essay i nod in approval taking a sip of my soda. Thats how it goes for the next 45 minutes until erik finally moves and lays his head on his arms. His hair is all over the place and he looks slightly irritated probably because his hand is still bandaged up.

Once i finish 1 of my essays and get my flash cards for my pressentation done i yawn and stretch accidentally brushing my foot against erik making him jump up. I ignore his stare as i pack up my stuff in my book bag and gather my trash up to throw it away when he of course follows.

"What do you want?!" I snap finally acknowledging him and when i notice his face i take a step forward grabbing his jaw and turning it to the side. There was a long scratch on his jaw on the side of his face that i slapped him on. "Is that why youre here, because you want an apology or something? Its not going to happen. And i know you arent going to apologize either youre to much of a egotistical narcissist" i shrug with a monotone voice taking a step back once i realize how close we are. Close enough for me to count his curly eyelashes and smell his soap.

"No thats not why im here...i actually need a favor" he says and i bust out laughing turning away from him and walking towards the door. He thought he could disrespect me not apologize and then ask for a favor? I almost laugh harder until i see its pouring rain outside even though its still bright and sunny.

My apartment was 10 minutes away.My books would be soaked, my essay and flashcards i just spent hours on would be a mess, and my laptop would be destroyed.

"Looks like you could use a favor too" he smirks dangling his keys infront of my face making me swat them away. He must want another scratch on the other side of his face.

"id rather walk in the freezing cold rain then to be in a small confined space controlled by you. It can thunder-"

My little rant quickly is cut off when it thunders terrifying me making him laugh when i realize i had clung to him. "Shut up" i mutter quickly pulling away adjusting my bag strap on my shoulder and clutching it tighter.

His car was everything i expected. Black, tinted windows, leather seats obnoxiously loud and shiny drawing alot of attention to it. It was extremely clean though except for his book thrown in the back and a sweater over the back of his seat. He drove with one hand since his other was still wrapped up, though im willing to bet he drove like that before since he seemed so comfortable.

"Aye are you scared of thunder?" He ask once we get to a red light and i ignore him turning up the kendrick lamars poetic justic and singing along. I was not about to share my fears with him or the stories behind it, he didnt deserve to know me like that. Shivering at the memory that made me hate thunder i quickly change my thoughts to what i was eating for dinner tonight.