The Start & The Dead.

RUN•A•WAY
ˈrənəˌwā/
noun
a person who has run away, especially from their family or an institution.
synonyms: fugitive, escapee;

ϟ

Hailey Anderson wasn't the type of girl to get nervous but she couldn't help it when she was being interviewed for her (what she hoped) first job as Forensic Scientist.

When she moved from Starling City to Central City almost a year ago she wouldn't even be able to  imagine what was going to happen to her,events that were going to make a huge impact in her life and change it completely. Like the day the particle accelerator exploded, she was at the lab of Hudson University where she was currently student, she was trying to find some piece of evidence that was missing from her box and she was almost searching the whole school to find it because it meant that her last practice would be missing a very important piece of evidence.
She ran to the 3rd floor were she would be doing her last practice but there were a lot of prisms on the tables, maybe another class was doing their practice here, since everyone was so excited for the Particle accelerator to turn on a lot of students just left the building leaving their stuff there.
This particular floor had an awesome view of the city, most of it was covered of windows and not walls itself, Hailey walked towards one of the shelfs that were against the wall.

"Got you" Hailey smiled while grabbing the last piece of evidence she needed, a brush. It was totally ridiculous, her teacher gave them real evidence from old cases that were already solved and she wanted them to solve them, Hailey knew it would be easy but she was a little too clumsy. She went to one of the tables and saw one of the prism and like the curious person she is she grabbed it.

A sound that came from outside made her look towards the window were a massive orange wave of light was coming towards her, for some reason she couldn't move it was as if her feet were glued to the floor, still holding the prism on her hand when it happened. She felt a sting on her hand and then it rushed through her body, she felt as if something had hit her and then she fell on the floor. Unconscious, all that she thought it matter, suddenly it didn't anymore.
And it would probably stay that way for a very long time.

ϟ

She found herself shifting uncomfortably on her sit, she felt as if she was sitting on the principals office.
She was sitting on a really small and uncomfortable chair in Captain Singh's office, he was looking at her as if she was a mystery; mostly because she was, even though she ended her studies perfectly and she learned all about how to be a forensic scientist, she WAS a mystery. Or at least her past was. Parents; both dead in a mysterious way, case inconclusive and she was only 10.

She was raised by her aunt, Karina, which was single and she never had kids because well she had Hailey.
And then the particle accelerator exploded, it left her on a comatose for 3 weeks; it also left her with this whole new persona, she discovered she wasn't the Hailey she was before the particle accelerator and she was afraid. Afraid of hurting someone, she tried not to think too much about it, but when her anger spiked or she felt any emotion too intensely her powers would go off. She locked herself up for what it seemed to be an eternity, she had no one, because she didn't want to hurt anybody.

Once she learned how to 'control' her powers she got out of that hole she lived in and got a chance to do her practice at college; that's the Hailey we are seeing today. That's the Hailey she sees everyday on the mirror, and she despises her. Sometimes she just wants to end it, end the frustration that having powers gave to her; she didn't want this, if there was a way to take her powers off, she would. But there wasn't such thing and what if she was the only one like this? she could see herself laying on a table and people experimenting with her, that's why she hides herself and most of the time pushes people away.