Time.

HAILEY ANDERSON.

Hailey had her stuff in her suitcase, walking through the train station; waiting to hop on that train and forget what her life has been so far. She knew she couldn't scape her past or present, she couldn't outrun it.

But she could take a break from all this craziness; a break from Barry, from the metahumans and her powers.

So the best she could do is leave Central City and make her way to her hometown Starling City.

"Train to Starling City leaving in 5 minutes."

Hailey sighs, she didn't know she was sick until today. She even asked herself if it was a good time to leave.

From Karina;
I talked to Oliver, he told me you are staying with him for a while?

To Karina;
Yes, srry I didn't tell you. It was kind of a last minute thing.

From Karina;
It's all good, stay safe.

Hailey looks up from her phone, everyone starts to get up approaching to one of the trains, Hailey follows from behind.

"Hailey!" She hears a voice but closes her eyes briefly and keeps walking.

"Hailey!" There it is again, now she feels a hand holding her arm making her turn back.

"Why are you leaving?" Barry says with a frown. "Are you breaking up-"

"No, Barry i just need time." Hailey interrupts.

"But you are sick, you should wait till we know what's wrong." Barry insists, now holding her hand.

"Barry I won't stay any longer. Please don't insist." She pleads with an apologetical look.

"I don't understand." Barry looks at the ground.

"There is nothing to understand, Barry. I can't stay any longer, i might explode if i do. I was wrong when i said that i could do this, it's too much." Hailey says sighing.

"About us?" Barry suddenly looks up, hurt in his eyes as he swallows uncomfortably.

"About everything." Hailey clears up. "I won't be the girl that says pick me, not her." Hailey looks at Barry in his eyes and he gets it.

"Hailey you- no, it's not like that. Iris doesn't mean anything i-"

Hailey puts a hand in front of him, shaking her head.

"Stop, Barry. You try to deny your feelings for her and it makes me feel even worse. It's not only about you, it's about the whole superhero thing." Hailey says sternly. "Ollie promised to help me train, i think it will be better that way. I just need time." She looks at her feet, moving her hands uncomfortably.

"Uh um it's okay i guess." Barry looks at her with hurt in his eyes.

Hailey smiles lightly.

"I will come back." She reassures.

Barry gets closer, leaning in. Hailey hugs him and pecks his cheek.

"Goodbye, Barry." She says one last time before turning her back and walking into the train.

Hopefully this will end soon.

ϟ

(this takes place in episode 5 of season 5 in Arrow)

"Ollie? where are you?" Hailey asks as Oliver finally answers the phone.

"Sorry Haiz, i was training with Roy."