I Can't Do This.

HAILEY ANDERSON.

It was 6:00 am when Hailey woke up with a tremendous pain on her back, she couldn't fall back sleep so she just lay there, watching Barry sleeping for a couple of minutes. She took that time to realize that she couldn't do this it was her first fight and she already had gotten her ass kicked, besides she wasn't made for this; sure she had superpowers but so what? It doesn't make her a superhero.

ϟ

Barry wakes up because he starts hearing noises, he quickly opens his eyes to realize that Hailey wasn't on her bed. He stands up and his eyes start scanning the whole place, no sign of Hailey.

"Hailey?" Barry asks as he walks into every single room to find her. He gets worried and hits one of the walls as a sign of desperation.

"Woah there is no need to be a savage" Hailey responds as she walks fully dressed inside the room. Barry looks at her and with his speed he embraces her into a hug and she groans in pain.

"I forgot!" Barry exclaims and stops hugging her taking two steps back. "Sorry, but where the hell were you?"

"You know i need my daily dose of caffeine so i made a quick trip to Jitters and i got you a decaf" She smiles and hands the coffee over him.

"What the hell were you thinking Haiz? You have burns on your back! You can't be walking around with that, you have to rest" He takes her into his arms and takes her back to the bed, she scoffs.
"Stay here" She furrows her eyebrows and Barry is gone, again. When he comes back with a bouquet of daisies her heart just melts. "This are for you" He grins and she can avoid the urge of kissing his cheeks so she does it, making Barry duck his face.

"Thank you Bartholomew" She chuckles and Barry looks at her shocked. "I checked your file at CCPD, i figured i will get revenge for you checking mine too" she smirks and Barry sits on the chair sighing happily.

"Im sorry for what happened on your back, I shouldn't have let you come with me. I knew it was dangerous and i still let you come with me."

"Its okay Barry, it was my choice. Im clearly not made to be a Superhero " she whispers the last part but she knows Barry heard her, his face changes.

"You know that no one can obligate you to be a Superhero, right? Its your decision to make" He takes her hand and Hailey pulls her hand away slowly, making Barry confused and insecure.

"I know but i feel like i owe it to my parents, this could be what i was looking for you know? Justice for my parents death" Hailey sighs.

"Im pretty sure they would be proud of the woman you are today Haiz, don't ever underestimate yourself." Barry looks at her in the eye and she slowly nods, wanting this conversation to end. "There's something else i want to talk about" He scratches the back of his neck nervously. "It's about um our almost kiss?" He mumbles.

"Uh" Hailey shifts on the bed uncomfortably.

"I mean if you want to talk about it..."

There is silence, awkward silence.

"Barry i like you" Hailey confesses, and it makes Barry smile. "But we can't, i mean i can't be with you"

"Wait what? Hailey if this is about the accident with Heatwave im sorry i know i should've been more careful-"

"This isn't about that Barry" Barry's face changes to a sad and confused expression, Hailey feels the tears accumulating in her eyes but she manages to control it. "What if you never come back? What if one day, one of those metahumans does something bad to you, I can't suffer like that again Barry. I can't lose someone i love"

"You won't lose me Hailey, just give me a chance."

"God this is so cliché, Barry I'm not a damsel in distress. I like you, a lot. But this can't happen. For god's sake I can't even do my work as Forensic Scientist good, how am i supposed to deal with this stuff. I moved into my own apartment to supposedly be 'independent' and almost a year later i find you and you literally turned my whole world upside down. Barry, i don't feel physically or mentally prepared for this." Hailey struggles to say all of that without crying. Barry looks at her and slowly nods, he should've known this never works for him.

"You are right I'm just interfering with your real destiny, you are so much more than just the girl i like. You are strong,brave and overall an amazing person, i know that you will be the best as a Forensic Scientist or a Superhero. You don't need me Hailey, you don't need anyone getting in your way" Barry stands up and walks outside the Labs, some tears falling down his cheeks as tries to make them stop but he can't, he is slowly falling apart. And it's not because his love life is a mess, everything is a mess. He has been too distracted by Hailey to notice that Captain Cold and Heatwave are still out there, and he knows that there are a lot of metahumans out there waiting to make an appearance. He flashes inside the Labs again and Hailey is not there, he takes his coat and puts it on, leaving S.T.A.R Labs.

ϟ

Hailey is slowly walking to her apartment, the burns in her back still hurt but not as bad as it did yesterday. A blonde haired woman and a tall green/blue eyed man are standing outside her apartment and she quickly hides. She recognizes the man as Oliver , but why would Oliver be outside her apartment, long story short they met each other at Verdant and they talked a lot; you could even say that they were great friends, It was the closest thing she had to a big brother but once she moved to CC they lost touch.She walks to them and they look at her.

"Hey! You must be Hailey Anderson" the blonde haired woman says cheerfully, Hailey likes her almost immediately.

"Yeah that's me, nice meeting you" She smiles and sees Oliver. "Long time no see my friend" She smiles and hugs him, surprisingly he hugs her back.

"I missed you Haiz" He chuckles.

"Me too fellow, so what brings you to my lovely apartment" she says jokingly.

"Well a friend of us told us that we could contact you in case we find out anything about you know the vertigo case" Felicity smiled widely as Hailey opened her apartment, she gestures them to come in and they do.

"Um was that friend Barry Allen?" Hailey asks curiously and Felicity nods.
"Ah makes sense"

"Do you know where he is? I have been trying to contact him all morning and he doesn't picks up" Felicity says as she looks down at her phone.

"We saw each other this morning but uh I don't know where he is, sorry" Hailey is truly sorry, she saw Barry's face when he left, it was something she will never forgive herself for.

"This is all we got about the Vertigo case, he has been seen around here so it makes sense that he is selling the stuff around" Oliver says and his jaw tenses.

"Well Ollie last time i checked you weren't on the SCPD so how is it that you know so much about this case?" Hailey asks as her eyebrows raise and they remain silence.

"I have my resources." He says sternly and Hailey gets the hint.

"So we are meeting up with a close friend and we gotta go, it was really nice meeting you Hailey. I hope that we meet each other again soon" Felicity says and Hailey nods happily .

"I hope so! Ollie when you come back you are going to come sit down with me and tell me everything i have missed" Hailey says and Oliver nods and kisses her forehead.

"Take care Haiz"

"You too Ollie, bye Felicity!!"

Hailey closes the door behind her and falls into her couch, she has never felt more tired yet so energetic. The image of Barry's face before he left haunted her thoughts before she fell asleep.

ϟ