CH 3: Escape, Escape, Esca- Shit

Lucy parker pov

This bed is so fluffy and soft and warm, like a cloud no, a cacoon, no a big squishy marshmallow. Hmmm, and it smells so nice like cookies and pine on a warm day in the forest. Wait... I know that scent!

I shot up in the bed looking around frantically, my heart beat erratic, my breathing panicked. But all of a sudden I calm down with one thought.

I am a shapeshifter with super human abilities I can escape from a bunch of idiotic guys. I smirked instantly. yes, I will escape. I will never stop fighting, I was given this gift for a reason and I'm gonna use it to my advantage.

ok, now all I need is an escape route. I look over at the wall and see my savior... a window.

I shuffle to the edge of the bed and try to get out, key word: try. I move my legs but find something holding my right foot down. I pull back the cover to see a thick rope tieing my ankle to the bedpost.

Ugh, how am I supposed to get this off? Oh, animal shapeshifter right here, heh heh. I sit up and think of a small animal. oh, I got it!

 I shift into a tiny mouse and crawl out of the ropes I jump off the bed and scurry along the floor to the window. I jump up and try to open the window. This isn't working 'Maybe we should shift back' says Faith in a duh-tone. Oh right totally new that.

I quickly shift back and make sure no one saw me, that would be kinda hard to explain. Wait... what am I wearing? I look down and am relieved to see I am wearing exactly the same thing as yesterday, except my hoodie and shoes are sitting on the floor at the end of the bed.

I put my shoes and hoodie back on before continuing my quest, ha! I called it a quest, no brain don't get distracted, right onto the task at hand. I try opening the window only to find it locked dammit! New mission, find a room with an open window.

I walk to the door and open it. Wow, I thought it was going to be locked. 'Me too, I guess they're even dumber than we thought ' added Faith with a snicker. I walked out into the hallway and see a bunch of doors all the way down.

I walk to the end where it splits into two different ways. Both are different halls with more doors, rooms, and stairs that go up floors and stairs that go down floors. Wow, how big is this damn house.

I walk back to the room I woke up in. I decide to go into the room next to that one and see a window open. Well, that was easy. I rush into the room and over to the window. I put my hand out to check that this was real.

When I had confirmed that I was not hallucinating, I turned around and did a happy dance before opening the window all the way so that I would definitely fit through. I did one last happy dance

My happy dance was ruined . "escape, escape,esca-shit" I say as I am interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

"Well aren't you just so cute." I turned to see a smirking Xavier and his two goons. Well, how am I going to explain this? 'and we are not cute' growled Faith.

"Now step away from the window." said Xavier in a serious voice slowly coming towards.

Oh nu-uh, no way! I'm getting the hell out of here. I smiled sweetly and took a step forward to make it look like I was walking towards them before I took a step back towards the window.

"Sayonara suckers!" I yelled giving them the middle-finger salute, before diving out the window. I fell about three stories, before I did a flip and landed in a crouch position on some grass.

Hey, being a shifter has its perks it makes me flexible and have quick reflexes. I'm like a damn cat, I always land on my feet. The one downfall is I always have to be careful no one can ever find out. Yeah, major bummer.