CH 19: A Traitor?

Recap:
" sh sh, calm down Rosie. How could this possibly be your fault?" I question as I rub her arms soothingly. She takes a deep breath before looking me in the eyes.

" Because they sent me."

Lucy Parker pov

I hear a growl from Xavier and a gasp from Aiden before all hell breaks loose.

People are shouting, growling and snarling. The angry crowd begins to move in on Rose and that's when I cut in.

"ALRIGHT THAT'S ENOUGH!" I roar in my luna voice. Silence drops so suddenly it's hard to believe anyone was loud to begin with.

"Everyone back to their homes except for the betas, thirds and luna. Aiden you stay right there, and keep your mate there too." Xavier orders, this is definitely the most in ' strict alpha mode' I've ever seen him.

Everyone quickly files back to their houses and I see some warriors carefully pick up Annabelle's body. I quickly turn my attention back to the issue at hand.

Rose kneels quietly on the ground still sniffling, and next to her kneels Aiden looking straight ahead with the most lost and betrayed expression I've ever witnessed. I look over at Xavier and he nods.

Love has made us, more than a little blind

"Everyone to my office, now." He orders and marches back of towards the house. Everyone else follows quickly but I look down to see Rose attempting to shakily stand, and Aiden still kneeling, appearing as if he's frozen in time. I can't tell if he's in denial or shock, but neither is going to help.

I grab a gentle hold of Rose's arms before hoisting her up. I grab her hand as the three of us begin the trek back to the house, keeping her close.  Although Aiden continues to be lost in his own thoughts.

As we approach the house I stop and look directly into Rose's eyes, sending her a look with a completely clear message; I don't care what you did, I won't let them hurt you. And that was the truth, if anyone wanted to get to her, they'd have to go through me.

I don't know what she did but I know she had a good reason. She radiates an innocence you can't fabricate, and her eyes hold regret and true fear that nobody could fake. I also know that although Aiden is distant and confused right now, he won't let anyone hurt her either.
-
The silence in the office is tense as Xavier stares Rose down. We all managed to make our way to the Alpha office, but that's about it. Nothing at all productive has happened since.

Xavier sits in his chair behind his desk, as Rose and I sit in the two 'visitor' chairs. Jay and Mia are standing on full alert beside the bookcase located behind Xavier's desk. Jake and Jenna aren't doing much better as they kind of hover behind Xavier's shoulder.  Only Aiden stands on our side of the desk, nervously shuffling around behind Rose's chair.

I feel like our placement in the room is a perfect metaphor on its own and right now, Team Rose is severely outnumbered. I hope Rose has something up her sleeve, 'cause I think Xavier is about done with my excuses for the day.

"Explain." Orders Xavier, finally breaking the silence as he leans forward, placing his palms on the desk. Rose stutters a breath before attempting her explanation.

" I was sent by the Black Scar pack to spy and report information. They wanted to make sure the rumours were true, and I told them but-" She confesses, refusing to meet anyone's eyes.

" SO YOU BETRAYED THIS PACK AND YOUR MATE, FOR WHAT? A PRETTY PENNY! How dare you deceive us all, you're pathetic." Xavier seethes. Ok, before seeing Xavy in Alpha mode was kinda sexy but now he's just being an asshole.