CH 30: The End Of An Era

Xavier King Pov

My battle sharpened claws sink deep into the rouges matted pelt, ripping through malnourished muscles and tearing apart rotting flesh. Its whimpers and screams fill the air before the beast falls silent as I finally tear out its useless throat. Blood rolls down my chin, coating my paws and claws in a thick layer of violence as I charge through the battleground. 

I sprint forward with powerful strides, canines bared and ready to tear into anything in my path. My sharp fangs rip apart rouge after rouge without a second thought, my mind razor-focused on the mission. When I am reaching the centre of the bloodbath I barely register a pitch-black panther streaking across the field. Lucy. That's my mate, a goddamn force to be reckoned with. 

'I feel bad for underestimating her, our alpha instincts were dead wrong for once.'

'She's special, that's for sure.' 

My laserbeam focus is momentarily broken as a shadow looms over my head, forcing me to look up at the imposing force. I can't help but stare in awe at the creature soaring easily above me. Mara's raven-black wings cut through the sky with intense power and grace, allowing her to easily tear through her enemies with her impressive talons while swooping out of attacking range. Everything about her is darker and more dangerous apart from her luminous feline eyes that glow a striking emerald. 

As Mara continues to tear through waves of rouges I continue on my own warpath, hoping to find the scum that claims to their father through process of elimination; If I kill every other asshole here, I'll be left with only him to sink my claws into. 

"Xavier! Xavier! Over here!" 

My head snaps left at the breathless cry that is yet another distraction from my goal. Relief fills me when I spot a panting Mia leaning against an out of breath jay, both standing at the very edge of chaos waving desperately for my attention. They better have a fix for this, ripping Allan to shreds might be an issue if I can't even touch him. 

"Tell me you found something to kill that bastard." I huff rolling my muscles that are slightly stiff from shifting back.

"Oh, boy do we! Turns out sorcerers get the majority of their powers from a linked magical object and we found this great little incantation that temporarily severs their connection to this object, rendering them powerless when it comes to attacks and spells. " MIa rattles off quickly, handing me a torn piece of paper with a scribbled down spell. 

"We also found out that the fuckers are hard to wound and kill even if they are disconnected from their arcane object, but this," Jay hands me a small golden dagger that glistens oddly in the light," is gold, the only thing that can pierce their skin but still won't kill them, and dipped in liquid strychnine which completely paralyzes them instead of killing them like a regular human." He explains further as I take the delicate weapon in my other hand.  

"Ok, but neither of these things can kill him, what can?" I question frustratedly. 

"Oh, that's the best part," Mia smirks, eyes alight with mirth," he fucked up so bad.

"How bad?" I can't help but smirk back.

"He signed his own death warrant," Jay replies, rolling his eyes fondly at his energetic mate.

"These bastards have one deadly weakness, one thing that can kill him and we not only have two, but he created them specifically to be murder machines." Mia declares, practically buzzing with excitement. 

"That's perfect, " I turn to call out to my mate," Lucy! where are you, they just saved our asses!" My smile drops when I spot her laying limply, completely shifted back on the ground with the snarling Alpha standing threateningly over her body.