CH 7: No Matter How Far Or Fast I Run

Lucy parker pov
The next day

I've decided today I need to escape, I've gotten far to comfortable, I was supposed to gain their trust then run when they weren't looking but now... it kinda hurts to leave.

They found my phone yesterday afternoon, and took it to who knows where. So there goes that plan, but seriously why didn't I think of calling for help sooner? I'm an idiot.

I growl under my breath as I chuck on my new pair of navy hightops and leave my old battered converse in the wardrobe. I pick one of my favourite t-shirts as well as my favourite hoodie that reads ' I speak fluent sarcasm ' and pull up my skinny jeans a little.

I'm just gonna have to leave the rest here its a waste I know but its the clothes or me. I pick up the small satchel I've been keeping my things in for the last couple days and put a jacket in it.

I head downstairs to see Jay siting at the table eating cereal. Gah! Well that just made my plan ten times harder.

"Hey!" I say with a plastic smile. He smiles back genuinly convinced by my acting skills, which I must say, have gotten pretty  good. I take the seat next to him with an almost silent sigh.

A plan pops into my head, its pretty risky but its the only plan I got so oh well. " Soooooo anything planned for today..." I ask him, not that I really care I just needed a distraction.

"well its not very intrusting but..." he starts talking about what he's gonna do today and he looks pretty distracted to me, so I slowly pull the ornament on the table closer to me.

When its close to my chest I look back at Jay." I'm really sorry about this." I mutter.

"Sorry about wha-" he gets cut off as I swing the metal ornament and hit him square in the forehead. Sorry but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. His head hangs limp, body slumped against the table, unconcious.

I jump up grabbing my bag from under the table as I sprint out the front door. I use some of my shifter speed to get to the trees before slowing down to more of a walk.

I walk peacefully through the trees for about fifteen minutes before I hear muffled voices. I instinctively climb the nearest tree and stay out of sight.

I watch as three big strong looking men emerge from the trees. One with blond hair and two with brunet hair. Wait! I know two of them, the older looking brunet is zack and the blond is luke.  "Strange I coulda' sworn I saw someone." the unknown brunet mutters before... sniffing the air!? WTF. I breathe in a sharp breath and all there heads snap in my direction.

Their eyes lock on me as fear travels down my spine. Oh. Fuck. "Luna?" Luke whispers almost inaudibly. What?

They look at me in shock before Zack yells out. "Hey come down from there. We're not gonna hurt you I swear, could you just get down from there!?!" He calls up taking a few cations steps in my direction.

Welp, I definitely can't fight them off and they're with Xavier and the rest so maybe lying might be the best way out of this sitchiation. Just play it cool pretend to be a timid human in front of big scary men, not like you could take one or two of them at all...

I put on a scared look as I jump down from my genius hiding spot. I back up against the tree slightly as they come closer cautious of there intentions. "Does Al-Xavier know you're out here? I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate you running away." The younger brunet says giving me a pointed look. Just play it cool, just play it cool.

"Yeah, he said I could go for a walk just 'don't go too far' when I said I needed some fresh air and he said he had to do some work with Jake and Jay anyway so..." I trail off with a nonchalant shrug.

" you sure? You aren't lying to us are you?" Zack says slightly sceptically. I just give them an innocent look that works on literally everyone.

"Yeah I'm sure, why would I lie to you? I pretty much just met you, I have no reason to." I say with an innocent smile.

"Ok but be careful and he probably wants you back soon so don't be too long." Luke says as all their resolves melt.

"Okay bye then!" I say with an innocent grin as I walk past them. 'We are such a good actress, seriously we should go pro!' Faith chirps in my mind which I only laugh at in return.

I've been walking for about ten minutes now and the trees are starting to thin out, hopefully meaning I'm close to civilization. I can't wait to finally be home. 'But don't you feel like we'll be missing something?' Faith inquires. 'We-' my thoughts are cut short when leaves crunch behind me.

"You know when you try to escape you should probably walk a little faster." I hear an all too familiar sound from behind me. Shit.

"Oh hey, guys fancy seeing you out here!" I say with a nervous smile turning to face three very pissed off kidnappers. I'll have to keep that in mind next time.

Jay has a small lump on his forehead that makes me want to both laugh and apologize at the same time.

"Ooh Jay, what happened to you? Are you okay?" I exclaim with an innocent look. He sends back a harsh glare in return as Xavier and Jake try not to laugh.

"Ok, enough you're coming back with us Lucy so we can do this the easy way... or the hard way, your choice." Xavier says sternly. As soon as the words have left his lips I'm sprinting in the other direction.

"The hard way it is then..." I hear before they chase after me. I use quite a bit of my shifter speed but don't test the limits but somehow they're still majorly gaining on me. I'm about to speed up when I'm tackled to the ground.

The world is spinning and I feel dazed as Xavier looks down at me inspecting me for injuries. "I warned you darling, and you picked the hard way." He says with a victorious smirk. God, why does he have to be so hot when I'm trying to hate him. Wait he's not hot I don't like him, he's ugly, I hate him. Right?

A/N Hello guys, soz I haven't updated in a bit but school is quite stressful (Update from nearly two years in the future: it only gets worse and you had no idea my sweet baby child.) Anyway, here's the newest escape attempt. (Attempt #2 failure, feelings: tired, confused)

By mysterious_mischief