CH 15: The Werewolf And The Shapeshifter

Recap: I stare into his eyes before taking a deep breath, and closing my eyes tightly. I feel the familiar tingles as I shift back. I stand up slowly before opening my eyes.

" Erm... Hey guys."

Xavier King Pov 

I don't think, I just lunge forward. I gather her tightly into my arms, crushing her to my chest. 

"I'm never letting you go, ever again"

Lucy Parker Pov

I feel the warmth and tingles envelope me as he embraces me tightly. I sigh in content, moving my face into the crook of his neck, and breathing in his comforting scent.

I look up cautiously from Xavier's neck, glancing at the others with slight fear of their reactions. I am met with varying expressions and emotions, mainly shock, confusion and happiness.

I step back slightly, out of Xavier's arms, he lets me, but keeps a hold of my shoulders, wrapping his arm around them.

Suddenly I am engulfed into more hugs, as Jenna and Mia throw their arms around me. I am trapped in their tight embrace, as Xavier loosens his hold little.

" I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I can't help almost chanting as everyone hugs me. I hear Jenna shushing me while Mia rubs my back soothingly.

" Hey, hey baby, it's ok, it's alright, we are here, you're here, everything is alright." Xavier's soothes, stroking my hair softly, as I shake slightly.

Slowly everyone let's go, apart from Xavier of course, he leaves his arm wrapped tightly around my waist. I'm guided softly back to the couch, as everyone moves back to their seats.

Xavier wraps his arms around me and holds me tightly to his side, half of me practically on top of him, as we sit down. "Now, I believe you owe us an explanation, of sorts." Xavier says gently.

" Honestly, I was kinda' trying to avoid that," I say with a weak smile, " but I really do,  don't I? " I finish with a sigh.

" well... I suppose I should start from the beginning," I begin my eyes already clouding over with unshed tears, " it was a clear summer night when my life fell apart for the first time. I was ten, My parents and I were driving home from the park, " I pause slightly as I just barely swallow a sob," the car, it came out of nowhere."

" It was driving on the wrong side of the road and hit us head on. My mum died on contact, while I watched the life drain out of my father in the form of blood droplets. I was quite badly injured, many broken bones, a dislocated shoulder, so many cuts and bruises, and a concussion, but I survived," I stop slightly to let out a sob as a few tears run down my face, " I didn't want to." I feel tears pour out of my eyes relentlessly, as sobs shake my form. Xavier's arms wrap around me tighter.

No, I must be strong, I'm stronger than this, I'm better than this. I pull myself together after my mental scolding. I  calm down a little, Xavier's big hand rubbing my back,  as I continue.

" I ended up in an orphanage because of my apparent lack of other family members, I'd never met any other relatives before, so I had no idea if I even had any, I still don't. I bet you're wondering where my sob story is going," I pause wiping my eyes, as Xavier pulls me closer, " I'm getting there. Well, on my eleventh birthday my somewhat calm life at the orphanage fell apart again."

" I had gone for a walk in the woods, after having not such a great day. It was then that I felt the burn, all over my body it felt like my muscles were on fire, I collapsed to the ground. It hurt so much, I had curled up into a ball to escape the pain," I wince at the painful memory," but thankfully, it only lasted around 20 minutes, before it turned into just a sort of tingling feeling."