chapter 24-Old friend we meet again

Severus and i end up sleeping in the abandoned warehouse a town over. At least it was far away from that hot stranger.

As i wake, his face is the only thing in my mind and i cant get it out. I know i should go back and stay with him because he is like me, but the things he makes me feel! I sigh and rub my face. Severus trots in with a smile on his face. He never smiles.

"Ok, now im scared, why are you smiling?" he huffs and tries to cover it up, but nope, its stuck there.

It's nothing. i just saw something that made my day.

And then i clicks.

"You were with her? The wolf from last night? How could you Sev?" He rolls his eyes.

I was just apologising for your behaviour last night.  i raise an eyebrow.

"My behaviour? he interrupted my dinner!" he just looks at me. i look down at my hands.

"Is....is he here?" i say quietly. He lets out short barks, which tell me he is laughing. I frown in anger.

"Why are you laughing?" His barks turn to short huffs.

No, he is not here, just his Shadow

I feel a bit disappointed. No, snap out of it. I look down at Severus who has this far off look in his eye.

"OK, spit it out, why is she making you so happy?" he frowns.

SHE has a name, and that name is Kaerin and it is non of your business.

He trots off and i fold my arms feeling slightly annoyed. i follow him out side and we travel back to the apartment.

Stranger P.O.V

I watch her as she appears in the shadows, feeling a light flutter in my stomach. i curse my self for feeling this way. She looks around and steps into the sunlight. I hold in my gasp and watch as she does this without effort. It took me almost 200 years to just step out without yelling out in pain.

Her Shadow tells me she woke up 50 years ago.

Kaelib, she has been asleep for 49,950 years. something put her there, and something put a spell on her. She must have old blood in her if she can do this without effort.

I nod at her words, not really listening, tucking every word she said away for later. i just watch as she pats her Shadow, talking to him openly. she looks up and jumps. Yes, we had strength and speed, which made us even more dangerous. she lands on the windowsill and climbs in. Severus looks around one more time, and his eyes land exactly on us, and he gives a shirt nod before vanishing.

Shadow P.O.V

I take my coat off and rub my arms feeling as if i'm being watched. i absent minded rub my tattoo. yes i had a tattoo, I woke up with it and it feels like it is apart of me. I'm wearing my combat boots, tights and a black singlet.

"Sev, u hungry?" He shrugs.

that man in the Alley last night made me full. I shrug

"well I'm off for a snack" Severus turns away from me and lays his head on the floor. I roll my eyes and jump out the window, landing lightly on the balls of my feet. I look around before I shadow travel. Shadow traveling is basically when you teleport your self through shadows. I don't really like eating during the day, so I travel to somewhere where it is night. I end up in new york, and I immediately find what I am looking for. A man in his early 20 is again, in an alley, doing cocaine. I walk up behind him and tap his shoulder. he jumps and he has white powder all over his top lip. he is off his face. I grab him round the neck, and his fear came tumbling out. I frown at his fears. he's not scared of getting caught or going to jail, he's scared of losing his mother because she has cancer, he scared that he won't be able to support his girlfriend and his baby that's on the way. I drop him on the ground and I crouch down by him as he struggles to keep is eyes open. I touch his forehead and he looks into my eyes.

"you will forget everything that has happened. you will stop doing cocaine and you will go home and tell your mum you love her. you will go out and get a good paying job, and you will make lots of money for your baby understand? " he gives a slight nod.

"where do you live?" he mumbles the number 24 and a street I can't understand. He gets up and starts stumbling down the road. I follow him and it takes a total of 1hour to get to his house. its old and dingy. one of the windows is smashed and there are beer bottles littered over the yard. I follow him inside . The house reeks of booze and sickness and also death. there is a heavily pregnant woman sleeping on the couch.

"take me to your mother." he starts walking down the narrow hall way with brown stained wallpaper, and he stops at a door. I walk into the room and see a white haired old lady lying In bed. her breathing is shallow and come in sort pants. i hear the boy leave and the lady opens her eyes and smiles. Something about her seems familiar.

"I thought I would never see you again old friend." I frown

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you are talking about." she closes her eyes and smiles.

"Over the river and up the hill, an old friends fortress, is standing still" my eyes widen as I stare at my old friend.

"Prudence? is it really you?" she gives a wheezy laugh. Prudence Janes was my best friend in the 50s. I met her when I was in England. I was living in an abandoned apartment, and Prudence was living in a hotel with her mother and father. they were a wealthy family and she never noticed me until one day, she came across my apartment. she found me cowering in the corner, my dirty clothes too big for me. Every day she would stop at my apartment and bring food. i told her i couldn't take it but she refused to take it away. each day i grew fatter and fatter to the point where i relied on her for food. I told her all about me, and how i had woken up like this and how i was this age and haven't changed for five years. she thought i was a god but i just laughed. we played in that old apartment and every day she would tell me stories of her travels. one day she came by and she looked as blue as the sky.

"What's wrong?" i asked her, and she looked up. She had been crying.

"I have to leave Shadow. Ma and Pa are taking me back to America." i felt myself getting sadder and sadder and we cried together. The next day she left, and i hadn't seen her since.

I kneel beside her bed and take her hand.

"Old friend, what has happened?" i ask sadly. she smiles as tears form in her eyes.

"Life happened my dear friend. i Have lived, and i have loved, and now it is time for me to go." is shake my head, angry tears spilling from my eyes.

"No, you have a grandchild on the way! you cannot give up." i pull my dagger out of its sheath and look at Prudence.

"You must trust me." i say thickly. she nods. I pull the dagger slowly across my wrist and the black liquid spills out. yes black. i hold it to her mouth and wait for her to open her lips.

"Please Prudence!" i beg. her lips slowly part and i move my wrist toward her mouth. her dry parched lips latch on to my skin and she sucks. i feel the wound close and i pull it away from her mouth, and i see her eyes start to droop.

"I will be here when you wake up dear friend." she smiles and closes her eyes.